Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think it goes against the bible to be interested in wearing diapers?

Default do you think it goes against the bible to be interested in wearing diapers?

Like I'm not sure if it is or is not, can someone please tell me there opinion?

Step 1) Read the Bible
    Step 2) Do you see anything that you deem going against this interest?
    Step 3) Decide whether a story thousands of years old that was originally spread by word-of-mouth is a trustworthy source (HINT: Ever played the game telephone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Step 1) Read the Bible
    Step 2) Do you see anything that you deem going against this interest?
    Step 3) Decide whether a story thousands of years old that was originally spread by word-of-mouth is a trustworthy source (HINT: Ever played the game telephone?)
    calling the bible a joke and saying it isnt reliable offends me and my religious background.... you didnt need to say that you could have just said read the bible and decide on your values and what you think is right like i did

and to you partyanimal88 i would say
    1. read the bible
    2. interpet it after you read it and decide based on your religious values

As far as I know, it's not. It's harmless, you're not hurting anyone or harming yourself in any way, and it doesn't really go against any of the Commandments or Beatitudes. Though if you're really stressing over this, going to confession never hurt anyone.

I don't think so. It doesn't have anything against it in particular. As for the sexual aspect of it I think the bible would veiw it as no worse than pleasuring oneself in other non-harmful ways.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy46 View Post
    calling the bible a joke and saying it isnt reliable offends me and my religious background.... you didnt need to say that you could have just said read the bible and decide on your values and what you think is right like i did

and to you partyanimal88 i would say
    1. read the bible
    2. interpet it after you read it and decide based on your religious values
    Someone's projecting a little.

All I said was that he should give some thought to whether it is trustworthy or not, provided that the Bible was spread for YEARS by people retelling the stories out loud, and as ANYONE who has played the telephone game can tell you, some details get left out/added/changed, even if it's completely by accident.

There's really no way to be absolutely SURE that what is written in the Bible today is accurate when there was such a huge space of time where the stories were not recorded in any official way. You shouldn't be so dogmatic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Someone's projecting a little.

All I said was that he should give some thought to whether it is trustworthy or not, provided that the Bible was spread for YEARS by people retelling the stories out loud, and as ANYONE who has played the telephone game can tell you, some details get left out/added/changed, even if it's completely by accident.

There's really no way to be absolutely SURE that what is written in the Bible today is accurate when there was such a huge space of time where the stories were not recorded in any official way. You shouldn't be so dogmatic about it.
    i take religion seriously.... lets agree to dissagree

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy46 View Post
    So because you're offended, we should ignore evidence suggesting that the bible is rather fallacious? You feeling strongly about something does not make it true and should not be used to censor academic examination of the evidence.