Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should I be worried? - wetting at night

Default should I be worried? - wetting at night

I have been into diapers since 1996, wearing mostly night-time on and off over the years, sometimes going 4 months between wearing. Recently I am on what i call the "on phase"; where i want to wear as much as possible.

Recently I have been waking in the night and wetting my diaper, and going back to sleep. I do not normally ever wake in the night, I just hold it all night.... with the exception of when I really have to go bad.

For the last two nights I remember waking up briefly and wetting my diaper while laying on my back, and then dozing back off to sleep; awaking a few hours later to maybe wet again.

I am wondering if I should be worried that I am doing this in the night without much thought to it. I don't wish to have to "need" diapers, or to bedwet without control at night; but what do I do if it happens?

How would one explain to their Dr. that they have started to bedwet and have been handling it with diapers?

Did you drink a lot of liquids? Are there any medical conditions in your family where you might need to pee more than normal? Maybe you're wearing diapers too much? I'm not an expert but yeah lol. If it's just 2 nights I don't think it would be a trend really, maybe it just happened? I'd keep an eye on it for a week or so then consider getting it checked out if it keeps up and you're worried about it.

Spearmint

I don't have any experience with it, but I'd say that you only need to start worrying about it if it happens when you AREN'T wearing diapers.

I have been drinking more liquid than normal. It is hot here, so I have been drinking gatorade. But I have always woke up in the night.

I will see what happens in the next weeks.

alu

As long as you don't start wetting without any control at night or not waking up Ur fine or if you start doing it in normal clothes then see a doctor.

Gatorade causes your body to produce more urine... generally you should only drink it after workouts to restore electrolytes.

Yea if it just starts to happen without u having knowledge of it then I would worry cuz the next step would be for you to wet without knowing it, it's happened to me

Maybe your body is adjusting to your recent pattern of wearing diapers at night -and needs to "unlearn" - Can you try going without a diaper and seeing if you wake up needing to pee (before it happens)? If you protect the bed it might have the effect of still subconciously giving your body a message that "its OK to pee lying down" - if you don't protect the bed the anxiety will either increse or decrease the chances of wetting - who knows! Sorry this isn't much help, but conciosuly reminding yourself "I am in control of my body and it is not to pee in my sleep" might just have the desired effect.

As others have already said, if it happens while sleeping and yo dont wake up you need to revert to not wearing a diaper to bed to see if it continues. If it does, its either time to go see the doctor or get a good supply of night time diapers.

I myself can go months without wetting while sleeping while not diapered, but put on a diaper befor bed and I am sure to wake up in a wet diaper every morning.
    But this is something I had worked on for years to accomplish and am by no means complaining I wet while sleepingg in a diaper.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
    As others have already said, if it happens while sleeping and yo dont wake up you need to revert to not wearing a diaper to bed to see if it continues. If it does, its either time to go see the doctor or get a good supply of night time diapers.

I myself can go months without wetting while sleeping while not diapered, but put on a diaper befor bed and I am sure to
    wake up in a wet diaper every morning.
    But this is something I had worked on for years to accomplish and am by no means complaining I wet while sleepingg in a diaper.
    How did you accomplish that..?

Also, I wouldn't worry just yet.. Follow the steps others have said.