Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena or Tranquility ATN

Default Abena or Tranquility ATN

im buying on amazon ok and i have 2 choices.... 2 packs of abena x plus(46$) or 2 packs of tranquility ATN with booster pads (46$) my question is... the ATN mediums were too small on me and could barly get the bottom tape taped and in the past i had X-plus but they might have been too small if i remember corectly, im a size 38 waist so will the large in the xplus be too big? and which should i go for x plus or atn w booster...?

I say ATNs because you are getting booster pads, while the abena has a higher capacity it can some times leave you wet and clammy, and I believe the ATNs are a little more breathable than the abenas, the ATNs also keep the moistre off the skin but swell nicely and have a nice squishiness about them.

Hmm pretty much I'll break it down like this.

Abenas are thicker, however ATN swell when wet.

As for size, remember you can always make fit them tighter. So Go with the bigger size.. OR! You could always order a sample pack to see what will fit you better.

I find the ATN's have way too much of their absorbancy concentrated in the back. That's great for sleeping on your back, but I think the Abena's will be a better all around diaper. The ATN's also feel cheap in their construction as compared to Abena products, though they are fairly good products themselves. The tapes on both are pretty lame and do not hold very well. The Abena's are easier to tape, but the tapes just don't well for all that long, a few hours though. The ATN's tapes however, need practice applying as they will pull themselves off if too much tension is placed on them. Once they are removed they will not re-apply.

Both are good products really and it will all come down to personal preference. I personally would go with either one. If a decision must be made though, I would most likely swing towards the Abena camp. Good luck!

Go with the x plus. The atn's suck. They press out when wet and you sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    I find the ATN's have way too much of their absorbancy concentrated in the back. That's great for sleeping on your back, but I think the Abena's will be a better all around diaper. The ATN's also feel cheap in their construction as compared to Abena products, though they are fairly good products themselves. The tapes on both are pretty lame and do not hold very well. The Abena's are easier to tape, but the tapes just don't well for all that long, a few hours though. The ATN's tapes however, need practice applying as they will pull themselves off if too much tension is placed on them. Once they are removed they will not re-apply.

Both are good products really and it will all come down to personal preference. I personally would go with either one. If a decision must be made though, I would most likely swing towards the Abena camp. Good luck!
    i think ill just buy one pack of both and write a review! thx for the help and comment : ) ps abena camp sounds fun XD

Loopygone

Abena, abena, abena! :X they're just the superior nappy :3.

indybaby12

Abena will last you all day and then some, with the ATN's you're lucky if you can get a half day.

I wear ATN for overnight use, and I like them for that. Abena are good for all-around use and are slightly less usable for night-time wear. This is my own experience. I have a 40 waist and the ATN Medium are at the outside limit of fit for me.

I agree with the statement that the ATN will leak if full and sat upon. Be careful, or don't do it. ATN also have very little absorbent material in the crotch, and it crumbles and bunches up. My take on this is that they're not good for daytime wear, especially if the wearer stands up a lot.

I just bought 3 packs of ATN from Amazon, my third time going that supply route.

Edit: ATN Large won't be too badly oversize. They fit nicely around me but they are taller by a couple of inches, and spill out over my boxerbriefs and/or sleep pants. They hold a little more, too.