Thread: Star Wars battlefront 3?

Default Star Wars battlefront 3?

Most of us have played/ heard of Star Wars Battlefront I & II, and with E3 '11 ended and no annocement of a Stars Wars Battlefront III, do you still think there is hope for this series? Or do you think there will be an annocement Comic-con '11? It has been awhile since any offical news has come about it, and we've heard nothing, but rumors since. Do you guys still think it's possible for this game to be made or is it "dead"?

I don't think there's a Battlefront 3 in the works at the moment. After all the development hell it went through during the gaming industry's "spring cleaning" I'm pretty sure it was left on the butcher's floor. I really liked the video that was leaked but I doubt that iteration will ever see the light of day. As much as I would really like a battlefront 3, I doubt we'll see it anytime soon.

Pandemic Studios is dead, Free Radical is dead. Any other studio IMHO can't make a good battlefront game that would stand up to exceptions and offer better game play yhen the first two. I don't even think a Free Radical BF would of been good. Since there last great piece was Time Splitters 2. TS: Future Perfect just sizzled out.

that said Battle Front 2 was frickin amazing for it's time. But now the graphics are "Bleeeeeh".

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Pandemic Studios is dead, Free Radical is dead. Any other studio IMHO can't make a good battlefront game that would stand up to exceptions and offer better game play yhen the first two. I don't even think a Free Radical BF would of been good. Since there last great piece was Time Splitters 2. TS: Future Perfect just sizzled out.
    What about Rebellion? They did make those two battlefront spin-offs for the handhelds.

BF3 has been canceled for some star wars game on the kinect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    What about Rebellion? They did make those two battlefront spin-offs for the handhelds.
    Like I said, no other studio could likely make a game as good or better then the first two. Even Valve's AI systems are shit and their a dominate studio, just look at L4D series or the retarded bots in TF2.

Plus gorge Lucas doesn't give a fuck about Battle Front. He knows that as long as something has star wars is in something's name. Legions of people will gobble that shit up like a crack addict partying with Charlie Sheen. Lucas threw his own franchise in the trash. It has a few gems (See Battlefront 1 and 2, Starwars arcade game) because of it, but it's clearly he doesn't give a damn about quality control.

This is all Lucas really cares about any more.