Thread: This week: Found out I was adopted and my real dad is dying.

Default This week: Found out I was adopted and my real dad is dying.

This week sucks. I'm 15, and I overheard that I was actually adopted, when I was eavesdropping on the phone. Then, a day later, my "parents" told me that my real dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and is going to pass away in 2 months.
    This has been the longest week ever, and yet it's only been 3 days.

love

buddy </3

You must feel betrayed, lied to, and angry as hell.

are you going to see him? your biological dad?

Quote Originally Posted by love View Post
    buddy </3

You must feel betrayed, lied to, and angry as hell.

are you going to see him? your biological dad?
    I've seen him before. He's actually my uncle; my actual mom died, and he started drinking alcohol a lot, and took little to no care of me, so I got taken away from him. I was given to my uncle and aunt, now my "mom and dad."

love

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDL15 View Post
    I've seen him before. He's actually my uncle; my actual mom died, and he started drinking alcohol a lot, and took little to no care of me, so I got taken away from him. I was given to my uncle and aunt, now my "mom and dad."
    Does that make it better or worse? That he's your uncle and you know him, and it was kept from you?

Does that make it better or worse? That he's your uncle and you know him, and it was kept from you?
    I'm not sure... All I feel is... Numb... My entire life has been messed up in 3 days.

Let's put this into perspective.

Other than him dying, nothing's changed.

Whether or not he's your biological father, the other two are the ones that raised you and for all intents and purposes ARE your parents. Other than an arbitrary technicality, you bio dad is still exactly the same person he was a week ago.

love

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDL15 View Post
    I'm not sure... All I feel is... Numb... My entire life has been messed up in 3 days.
    Why do you feel like this has messed your life up? can you explain?
    Why does this need to affect who you are and what you do

I know my parents love me, but still... It just feels weird.

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Why do you feel like this has messed your life up? can you explain?
    Why does this need to affect who you are and what you do
    Well, I would've liked to spend a lot of time with my real father. Except he's in Grand Rapids, MI. That's 3 hours away from here. Besides, I did some research on this whole AB/DL thing, and found out a lot of people like us like diapers because they feel that something was missing from their childhood. I don't want to be mean, but I gotta say, this whole AB/DL stuff is kinda weird, and that's coming from a DL.

I feel so sorry for you. But no matter what, your friends [should] be there for you to pick you up, and any family members as well. Just try to muddle through, life has its ups and downs, and it'll always even itself out. Just hang in there and try to be strong.

Oh, and if you don't believe me that life picks itself back up, take J.K. Rowling. She was once living on the streets, eating garbage, wearing (almost literally) rags, and had nowhere to go. But now look at her, living the high life as one of the world's best authors (Harry Potter ftw!).