Thread: another diaper identification, :p

Default another diaper identification, :p

so I was checking out thrift stores on the island, and I can across 2 brands. at the big store, I came across a pack of prevail brief diapers, they are green in colour, so I'm just wondering on the size.

Now the main one is I found a few packs at a much closer store, but I can't tell what they are. they are a peachish colour and I picked out the letters "ugs" on the tabs. so it's in complete. I'm thinking snugs?

The prevail ones could be "prevail adjustable underwear" - they are the only ones I can locate from that maker in a green pack - I don't think you can tell size from pack colour. The prevail website has lots of products so might be worth a look.

Snugs are a adult diaper with the "original baby scent". They are quite hard to come by and one advert has them at $56 for a case of 40. There are promotional/user videos on you tube if you want to research more.

you are probably seeing the end of the word "wings" on the tape tabs. Usually dark blue on a white tape. They are very much like store brands and most of the ones you come by in the clear bags in the thrift shops will often be cloth like outer covers, even though at first glance they may look plastic because the bags are so tight. Wings brand are mediocre at best - but if you are just wearing around home and change shortly after wetting they can be OK for the price (and if you are lucky to get the plastic backed.)

The Prevails are probably size small if my memory is correct. Prevail.com - Home didn't turn up anything useful, but i know that I have seen the color coding on a site somewhere, however at 3am, its eluding me right now!

At least I know who my thrift store competition is in the Seattle metro now LOL!

J.

Default ID help

I agree with the "Wings", that's what I was originally thinking, the Peach color is usually XL. The green Prevail could be their Large Prevail PM which was green in color. Otherwise usually their green is a size small. You should be able to determin large from small. Also the PM is slightly thicker than normal.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by babywitch View Post
    so I was checking out thrift stores on the island, and I can across 2 brands. at the big store, I came across a pack of prevail brief diapers, they are green in colour, so I'm just wondering on the size.

Now the main one is I found a few packs at a much closer store, but I can't tell what they are. they are a peachish colour and I picked out the letters "ugs" on the tabs. so it's in complete. I'm thinking snugs?
    The peachish ones could end up being really small. Sometimes diapers are color coded by size and I think I've seen some peach ones in the past that may have been youth or small size.

The last time I used prevail briefs, I think the sizing was a little strange. Their medium's didn't fit me too well even though I can fit medium in just about everything else. And the large's seemed huge. I'm not sure which size the green ones are. If they are really cheap, you could always risk it and buy them and worst case scenario you either have stuffers if they are too small or an outer layer when doubling if they are too large.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noonriser View Post
    I agree with the "Wings", that's what I was originally thinking, the Peach color is usually XL. The green Prevail could be their Large Prevail PM which was green in color. Otherwise usually their green is a size small. You should be able to determin large from small. Also the PM is slightly thicker than normal.
    Hope this helps.
    I thought the XL wings were more of a beige color than a peach color but I could be wrong. They are pretty terrible anyways.

hmm, well I made sure to triple check and the letters I picked out were, "ugs" so I suspect snugs diapers. the main thing I find annoying is it's irritating that no-one shows the colours off each size, so it's hard to tell. I'm thinking if the prevails are the PM briefs, the they are medium, as they were green. but my memory could be wrong. it's been awhile since I've used the prevail brands.

Snugs don't have anything printed on the tapes, from the photo's or videos I have come across, as they are repackaged generics with a baby scent added - which I am sure you could smell outside the package.

The only tapes that I can think of that have printed lettering of the us brands are: Attends, Wings (which have XL briefs and bed pads that are peach, usually in a clear bag), Molicare, Medline, Tena (but cannot remember if the old Promise brands were) and Tranquility has a pattern of blue chevrons.

All the mediums that I have come across in the Prevail line have been white. I saw a couple packages of green Prevails at the VV in Lake City, and they were marked small.

J

Generally, the sizing colors are as follows:
    Youth - white
    Small - green
    Medium - white
    Regular - purple
    Large - blue
    XLarge - beige

These are generally for the 'institutional' brands so that the sizes can be easily identified by the staff. There are, of course, exceptions. For example, the Wellness diapers are green for large, blue for small/medium, and purple for xlrg.