Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel Creepy?

Default Does anyone feel Creepy?

So i have been on Adisc for a little while now... and have made some great friends... We spend hours at a time chatting off of Adisc and we have had a lot of fun getting to know each other and helping each other through different situations.

Well the problem is all of these good friends range from 15-19 and i am 25. I know it does not seem to be a problem for them and obviously we do not discuss anything of an adult nature. But i can't help but feel a little creepy at times. And i always feel on my gaurd. Anyone else have this problem when meeting new (younger) people on Adisc?

And to my little bro's, if your reading this... it's not your fault i feel this way... you can't help my real age.

I feel the same way but opposite I meet a lot of people that are older than me. I feel like I always have to have my guard up, because the person might not be who the say they are. Even if they sound really sweet you have to always be on guard.Until you know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    So i have been on Adisc for a little while now... and have made some great friends... ...Well the problem is all of these good friends range from 15-19 and i am 25. I know it does not seem to be a problem for them and obviously we do not discuss anything of an adult nature. But i can't help but feel a little creepy at times. And i always feel on my gaurd. Anyone else have this problem when meeting new (younger) people on Adisc?
    To be perfectly frank, there have been times where I too have felt like a bit of a creeper when talking with the younger members. Heck I've even adapted the C.F.E. method for it (my own design btw...)
    Keep it CLEAN
    Be FRIENDLY - neither overly friendly nor underly friendly
    If necessay, have an ESCAPE plan. Preferrably with logs if possible.

That last part is just a piece of insurance to cover my a** should something come up. And truth be told, I'm surprised I haven't had any incidents.

In my opinion, these feelings of being a creeper are probably unwarranted, but personally necessary until a trust can be built up to know that someone/everyone isn't going to screw me over. Hope that makes sense...
    Last edited by Tripped; 21-Jun-2011 at 10:17. Reason: color changes

EmLamby

Hey man, we're all people here. Some of my best friends are adults, because I get along better with older people than my peers. Does that make me creepy? Nope. Just as long as you're not a pedo, there shouldn't be any reason to feel creepy. And if someone else has said that to you, or made you feel like that in some way, well, screw em'.

Yeah I heard some people were slagging off ADISC before I joined, due to allowing under 18's in here. I actually think it's better though as it seems to filter out all the inappropriate stuff. Having said that, as I'm moving through my 20's I begin to feel slightly out of place here. It seems like there are more TBs than ABs out there.

Because of this I feel reluctant about actually "getting to know" people due to repercussions (I used to work in Child Protection/Social Services so I've seen it all). I just like to post about issues/experiences so I can have an outlet, which maybe helps others. Same thing though, when I think about hitting 30, I then think: "err hmm maybe I don't like the idea of having this for life. I hope it goes away by then!"

No, not creepy. Unwelcome, occasionally - but not creepy.

Artie

I do sometimes as I'm 38 and most of you are in your teens. I'm friendly though and mean no harm as I've needed an outlet for this as in real life no one would understand our issues and feelings. Thank you for this fourm.

pepsicolaisgreat

I feel a bit of a creep now. But when I'm in my 60's I'll feel more of a creep. Even though I ain't and mean no harm.