Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bank of America is Evil.

Catperson

Default Bank of America is Evil.

I just thought I'd share this funny story with you guys. For those who don't already know, B of A is completely evil, but one manifestation of it is that they like to forclose on houses that they do not own. Whether this is foul play or sincere incompetence is a mystery. Anyway...

There was some old couple in florida who paid up front for their house. No mortgage/lease/etc involved at all. One day they came home and found the bank forclosing on their house. Obviously they took it to court, and won. The judge ordered not only for Bank of America to leave them alone, but also to pay their court expenses.

Time went by, and the Bank wasn't paying, despite several notifications. Finally the couple went to court again, and got a permit to forclose on the bank. Yes, the judge literally gave them a permit to go into the bank and start carrying their stuff outside. Needless to say, the Bank paid them fairly quickly

I just thought this was a really funny story.

I remember reading about that earlier this month. Was funny, and nice to see the "little guys" actually win one... it normally doesn't end this way.

I will say though, most banks are generally evil. Avoiding a specific one is kind of pointless .. they have all done some pretty rotten things and engaged in some fairly shady dealings.

Haha, that's brilliant.
    Just walk off with all the Banks stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmbezeSubHealth

Just Bank of America is evil?

All the banks/insurance companies are evil ... its a worldwide known fact !
    They use your money to profit and even make you pay them just for having an account !
    How i wish i could live without them

Quote Originally Posted by mimster View Post
    All the banks/insurance companies are evil ... its a worldwide known fact !
    They use your money to profit and even make you pay them just for having an account !
    How i wish i could live without them
    I've never heard of a bank making you pay for a standard account. Seems antithetical to the purpose of a bank.

Most of them are evil. And I think I've heard Chase did something where you have to have at least $200 dollars in a checking account at the end of the month or they'll charge you O_o.

Also on the BOA thing, they had a story here about a couple that did a short sale on their house with BOA. Well apparently, something got screwed up and their mortgage still had a dollar left and BOA was going to foreclose on the house because of it (a house that had the documentation of being sold, ownership transferred, etc.).

Of course, per usual like most companies, the couple finally got a news station involved and how quickly was the error fixed.

most banks are evil but thats just cause humans are naturally greedy

Quote Originally Posted by Zhoarnoth View Post
    most banks are evil but thats just cause humans are naturally greedy
    Or because we live in a political/economic system that revolves around greed. If you aren't greedy, and able to demonstrate that greed/profitability, you go out of business or the investors leave you on your own. Some people can be greedy by nature, some are not, and oftentimes people become about as equally greedy as economists/libertarians claim people are when put under that kind of pressure. There are some other psychological things involved, but that's the jist of it.

Bad crooks break into cars and rob liquer stores smart ones run businesses, become lawyers and polititions.