Thread: Chafing

PampsAimi

Default Chafing

Whats everyones solution for chafting? Btw idk if I spelt that right Spellcheck
    was of no help lol

Hehe I assume you meant chafing - anyway easy answer is powder and cream, especially around areas where it rubs the most!

PampsAimi

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Hehe I assume you meant chafing - anyway easy answer is powder and cream, especially around areas where it rubs the most!
    lol, let me rephrase, what do you do, to like cure chafing, like make it better quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by PampsAimi View Post
    lol, let me rephrase, what do you do, to like cure chafing, like make it better quicker.
    There is a powder spray you can buy at the store, that will ease some of the pain, but I'm not sure there is a cure for it, seeing how I believe that it is a skin irritation. I am under the impression that it is not something you can take a pill for. I could be wrong though...

Petrolium jelly (prefrence for the baby powder scented kind).

Quote Originally Posted by PampsAimi View Post
    cooling air and rest should do the trick. and once it starts to feel better, then apply the petroleum jelly or suchlike, to avoid further aggravation.
    no 'quick-fix', unfortunately.

Researcher

the best stuff that I have come across is called Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Some Phamacist in Louisiana invented it and I believe you can order it from rite aid or go in and get it. It's mixture consists of anti-chaffing agents and skin healing/protecting agents. It has been compared to prescription strength diaper rash ointment and does just as good. I actually use it to prevent chaffing.

aspirin and something to bite down on. after that, petroleum jelly and/or a gun

The bummer (pun intened) about these things is that they recur - being very careful about cleanliness and maybe an oil/creme that lightly protects the skin surface cna help stop it getting bad again.