Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: こんにちは Konichiwa, そしてそれはこれだけです and that's it.

Default こんにちは Konichiwa, そしてそれはこれだけです and that's it.

誰もが私が日本語を勉強できる場所を教えていただけますか?私は、私はそれが少ないアメリカ人とより多くの 日本のようにできる方法をより古くなる時私のアニメを作るつもりなら私はそれを学ぶ必要があり ます。

Can anyone tell me where I can learn Japanese, please? I need to learn it if I'm going to make my anime when I get older, that way I can make it less American and more Japanese.

と私は日本語でこれを持っている唯一の方法は、Googleが翻訳することです。

And the only way I have this in Japanese is by Google Translate.

Google translate is an awful tool, it approximates the translation so it makes no sense in the other language (example, translate something into Japanese, then translate it back into English). As for a good place to learn the language.....perhaps a class (which I doubt you can pay for) or Rosetta stone (also doubtful that you can pay).

-I suggest you put this goal in the back of your mind for now, you're 15, you can learn it and write cartoons to your heart's content later.

P.S- I saved you the trouble. Your first line? Here's it re-translated: "Could you tell me where I can learn Japanese anyone? I, if I'm going to make the animation when I get older the way to many Japanese as Americans and less than it should learn it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    Your first line? Here's it re-translated: "Could you tell me where I can learn Japanese anyone? I, if I'm going to make the animation when I get older the way to many Japanese as Americans and less than it should learn it."
    Engrish.

There are a few books you can get on Amazon that aren't too expensive. Make sure they are work books though so you have to work through it e.g. trace katakana and hirugana, not just read it. As for pronouncing things correctly, I suggest listening to Japanese people speak (youtube, subbed anime, etc) so you can hear how it is meant to be pronounced.

For example: 'Naze' means 'why' (as does 'doushite' btw) but I guarantee that you will pronounce them wrong just because of the way English pronounciation and Japanese are completely different sounds. Example 'Doushite' is not prounounced 'dou-shit-e' but 'do-ste'. Similarly 'Naze' does not sound like 'maze' with the 'm' replaced, but actually something entirely different so that I can't even find a word that does sound similar. Get what I mean?

I was lucky enough to be taught it by a friend who lived in Japan for a few years so was fluent and understood the differences in dialects. As (I assume) you don't have access to this, then work books and online videoes are your best option. That said, make sure the video you watch is actually someone japanese/fluent in japanese, not just someone who picked up a few phrases from anime

....Ittai Nani ka-yo!!

I learned Japanese in school.

Why not look at local adult learning facilities for a class?

Japan actually aired a series to help foreigners who lived in Japan to learn Japanese. More details are at Let's Learn Japanese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I downloaded it for free of some website a while ago and I believe some episodes from the more recent season are on Youtube. I'll post them if I manage to locate them.

Edit: Found one blog that has quite a bit. nihongo-dekimasu.blogspot.com/ And if you don't mind torrenting, just grab Rosetta Stone.

Edit 2: https://www.erin.ne.jp/en/lesson01/basic/index.html There's the 2nd installment of the series I mentioned above.

NHK (japanese public broadcaster) has some free courses: Japanese Lessons, free text/audio downloads | NHK WORLD
    don't know if they're any good cause I don't know any japanese (just some curses lol). I heard it's incredibly difficult language to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    NHK (japanese public broadcaster) has some free courses: Japanese Lessons, free text/audio downloads | NHK WORLD
    don't know if they're any good cause I don't know any japanese (just some curses lol). I heard it's incredibly difficult language to pick up.
    If I can learn English, i can learn Japanese. English is proven to be the hardest language in the world to learn. And besides, if I just put my mind to it, I can do it

Just in case anyone is interested, there was a poll done to see what languages were hardest to learn, and the results are:

Icelandic, Russian/Mandarin, Arabic, Mandarin, Hungarian, English, Hindi, Cantonese, Chinese, Tamil.

Now, feel free to argue and whatnot, because as with all polls, the results will be somewhat inaccurate considering, I'm sure there wasn't a proper random sample of participants.