Thread: this is a new world - feel lucky!

Default this is a new world - feel lucky!

I've said this elsewhere but I was born in the sixties and when i was growing up, felt very isolated by my *b-ness. i can remember the first stirrings of odd impulses - i was no more than six or seven years old - i had a dream about being a baby again that excited me, i got weirdly interested in wearing lots of coats so that i couldn't move much, etc etc. By the time I was the age of some of the youngest posters here (14 or 15) I felt very much alone. Until I was 17 or 18 and came across some ads in a magazine here in the UK called 'Exchange and Mart' - basically, as it sounds, a small-ads publication for the nation at large - I was under the impression that I was the only person in the WORLD (!) who felt this way. I remember I was at university before I dared write off for an *b-clothing catalogue and I used the university's poste-restante address. It took weeks to arrive ...

Now we have the internet, and although I'm sure there are still people who are still too nervous and distressed (or poor, so no computer) to look for anything on the net, at least those of you who read and post here know that they are far from being alone and can look for support, shared feelings, and even personal contact or meetings with fellow *bs or dls. Whether you all appreciate it or not, this is absolutely a lifeline!!! A way of staying afloat in a world whose default position is to disapprove of any sexual abnormality. It's too late for me, as they say in certain sorts of films, but for you younger people - be seriously grateful! This is a good website and (in my opinion) the most useful thing it does and can do is reassure people in their teens that they are not insane - far from it - just normally abnormal human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by timmywimmy View Post
    I was under the impression that I was the only person in the WORLD (!) who felt this way.
    EXACTLY, timmywimmy! I'm sure many of the forum members felt that way before finding their way here. I sure felt like I was the only one in the world who had such feelings before discovering what I was all these many years via this site. I still have unanswered questions as to why, questions I probably never will find answers to, but at least I've found comfort in finally knowing what I am and that I'm not alone at all with these feelings. It was desperation in a way which made me start digging around once I had internet access to find some answers. At first, I was looking for psychological references on the subject and couldn't find anything. Then, poking in keywords relating to some of the babyish things I felt the desire to do, I found this site. Finally, some long sought after answers! You're right, in the pre-computer age when we were younger such information about infantilism would have been impossible to find. Even though I know infantilists did exist long before the PC became more widely used, you, I, and many others like us were kind of islands all to ourselves. Normally abnormal as you put it. Now we do have decent communities like ADISC were we can all connect and support one another. No need for any AB/TB/DL having computer access to feel alone anymore.

I was under the impression that I was the only person in the WORLD (!)

You aren't alone.

And Welcome to ADISC.

High school taught me that I'll never be alone, the internet supplemented that fact.

in the pre internet days i also felt I was the only one who wanted to wear diapers again.
    but back then unless you had a medical problem or were a baby or elderly person
    it wasn't acceptable to wear diapers, if you didn't need them.