Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seemingly Neverending Supply of Boredom

Default Seemingly Neverending Supply of Boredom

I just don't get it....

I can't find anything new or exciting to do in my life. Yes, I wasn't the most fun person in the world, but I had the things that excited me. I've run out of anime to watch, I can't get any fun out of reading manga online, no video games really pull me into their stories, and the RP board has been extremely slow lately, not to mention the fact that it's been raided by new RPers who're only interested in plain old TB RPs -.-' Just sitting around listening to music isn't fun unless I'm making it, and singing can only entertain you for so long. I can't hang out with my friends because of our different schedules for finals, I can't play my TCGs because the only other people who play it aren't available, and I've been in a gigantic slump with my writing. This isn't just a one day thing either. It's been going on for weeks!

In short, I feel like a bored crappy mess.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? I need to obsess myself with something, something that'll satisfy this void of boredom in my gut. Thank you in advance.

Your extremely bored neighborhood Dragon Slayer,

~Natsu

If you are bored, I welcome you to the world of books!
    They provide me with endless hours of entertainment, and who knows, you could even learn something new

I have some good book recommendations for you, too!

1) The "Harry Potter" series
    2) The "Warriors" series
    3) The "Warriors: the New Prophecy" series
    4) The "Warriors: Power of Three" series
    5) The "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series
    6) The "Heroes of Olympus" series (new series, second installment comes out in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine96 View Post
    I have some good book recommendations for you, too!

1) The "Harry Potter" series
    2) The "Warriors" series
    3) The "Warriors: the New Prophecy" series
    4) The "Warriors: Power of Three" series
    5) The "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series
    6) The "Heroes of Olympus" series (new series, second installment comes out in November)
    I absolutely LOVED all of these I haven't read the heroes of Olympus yet though, but I heard it was really good. I haven't been to the public library for a while

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Exercise! It not only fills time in a positive way, it releases good hormones that make you feel better! It allows you to set goals, and then overcome them to set new goals. You can bike ride, run, lift weights, or swim. Any number of good things.

boredom is a sign that you're not getting out enough. you need to spend more time around other people. is there a club or a camp or an extracurricular activity you could get involved with over the summer? or a job? or a volunteering opportunity? try to figure out something organized that you show up for at an appointed time and do stuff with other folks.

Listen to Jim Rohn's Art of Exceptional Living. That'll give you all the tips you need.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    If you are bored, I welcome you to the world of books!
    They provide me with endless hours of entertainment, and who knows, you could even learn something new
    Seconded.

Supersam1223

Read the "wheel of time" series by Robert Jordan, there's 13 books, I'm on number 2. The books are like 600+ pages so it'll keep ya goin' for a while . Although the books are 9.00 each.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    I just don't get it....

I can't find anything new or exciting to do in my life. Yes, I wasn't the most fun person in the world, but I had the things that excited me. I've run out of anime to watch, I can't get any fun out of reading manga online, no video games really pull me into their stories, and the RP board has been extremely slow lately, not to mention the fact that it's been raided by new RPers who're only interested in plain old TB RPs -.-' Just sitting around listening to music isn't fun unless I'm making it, and singing can only entertain you for so long. I can't hang out with my friends because of our different schedules for finals, I can't play my TCGs because the only other people who play it aren't available, and I've been in a gigantic slump with my writing. This isn't just a one day thing either. It's been going on for weeks!

In short, I feel like a bored crappy mess.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? I need to obsess myself with something, something that'll satisfy this void of boredom in my gut. Thank you in advance.

Your extremely bored neighborhood Dragon Slayer,

~Natsu
    You get bored doing the same "kinds" of things if you do them long enough.. even if there are new areas to explore in that field. You can become bored with reading or watching anime or whatever even with plenty of books and anime series to watch.

Doing something that you have no prior (or very little) experience in might wake your brain back up. In other words, you need a new hobby. What that hobby is specifically is obviously going to depend on your interests... but it should be something far removed from what you currently do. Maybe get into carpentry? Or martial arts.... or join a medieval combat class.... or archery.. etc ;p

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

One thing I'll add.. and I know this sounds like an after school special.. but if you think of something that does peak your interest.. just go out and try it. No point wasting time obsessing over whether you will like it or not. Took me a long time to learn that one. I'd say "I'd really like to try that" and then never actually do it. Getting into something always seems like a chore, but once you get over that bump you can have a lot of fun in life.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Ok.. last thing I promise..

As a stop gap, find a website you like and read through their back posts. xkcd, 5secondfilms, cracked, hatebynumbers, whatever floats your boat ;p