Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting Daddy...

Default Meeting Daddy...

Ok so this is my first post, not counting my introduction post. I think this is in the right place.

I've been talking to a guy who is interested in being my daddy. (Finally!!!) I live in Tx, and he lives up north. I've made tentative plans to go see him in 3 months. (Plane tickets are expensive...) So, I find that sometimes I'm jazzed to go, and sometimes I'm nervous as all hell and then I think maybe I don't want to go because I'm nervous. Is this normal thinking?

I'm kind of scared and I don't know what to expect. Any help or advice?

Of course it's natural to be nervous about meeting new people, hopefully you know him well and have spoken to him over the phone just to be safe. If you've taken the necessary precautions then just go and have fun.

It's normal to be nervous.. it's not that normal to just get up and travel to stay with someone on the other side of the country you haven't met on neutral ground before. I'd be very careful, not to make you paranoid, but there are some sickos on this planet that would love to take advantage of a situation like that.

It is not just the danger element (which sadly cannot be denied) but any kind of adoptive realtionship involves a lot of very deep feelings and it is hard to gauge compatability with another person at a distance. Just look at the care that goes into real life adoption arrangmenets for children - and sadly they don't always work out well. Being in a daddy/child relationship is like any other relationship - best to go slowly and let things develop - if it is mutually satisfying then great and congratulations! - if not it might be best to make sure you have agreed how to part if that becomes neccesary - and don't just hang in because you feel indebted to the other person.

I actually met my boyfriend over the internet through an AB/DL site so I know exactly what you are going through.

I was extremely nervous and like you I doubted going many times through nerves, fears and people telling me that he was a sicko who was going to rape/murder me. But, I can honestly say it's the best decision i've ever made in my life to meet up with him. I'm not saying it will be the same for you but there are alot of things to gain by going for it so aslong as you are comfortable i'd say do it. Even if it doesn't work out for whatever reason atleast you can say you tried, you'll regret it otherwise as it's hard to find people who are understanding about this type of thing.

I will give you some advice though;

1) TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING! Tell them when you are going, when you will be back, and what hotel you are staying at. This person will be very important if something goes wrong (fingers crossed they don't obviously). Also, arrange to atleast text this person everynight to let them know you are safe as your safety is the most important thing here.

2) Do not do baby-play straight away! I know it is extremely tempting to do so as it's a very exciting thing to happen and probably something you've been waiting years to experience, but patience is best. Get to know the 'adult' before you get to know the 'daddy'. So start texting them if you haven't already, or ring them. When you meet up go out and do things together; resturant, movie, wandering around the city, just anything where you can talk and genuinely get to know the person as faking an identity online is easy.

3) Pay close attention to the conversations you have in the run up to meeting him. If it starts to become sexual/ pure baby stuff/ pressuring/ uncomfortable etc then i'd say become more weary. If things continue as normal then you should be ok.

4) Don't be afraid to cancel last minute if you feel to uncomfortable. I know sometimes when things like this have been planned for so long you almost feel obligated to go and like you can't get out of it. But this is not true. Go on your gut instinct, if you're too worried then don't go. End of. If he's a decent person he'll understand. If he doesn't contact you again or has a go at you then he's an idiot and don't contact him again. You need to feel good about this because you feel it's the right things for you, not because someone else is expecting you to do it.

And finally,

5) I'd say make him come down to you so that you are in a comfortable environment that you know well and can escape should things go sour. This will make it much easier and you will feel far less nervous as you will be in more control over where you go/what you do as it is your 'turf' not his.

I hope this advice was helpful to you. If you have any other questions or want to find out about what happened between me and my daddy when we first met up then feel free to message me and we can talk more there in a more personal way if you have more concerns.

I hope everything goes well and I will stress again that the most important thing for you is to stay safe. Please stay safe and make sure you are comfortable with the choice you are making.

Good Luck! <3
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Littleabgirl View Post
    I actually met my boyfriend over the internet through an AB/DL site so I know exactly what you are going through.

I was extremely nervous and like you I doubted going many times through nerves, fears and people telling me that he was a sicko who was going to rape/murder me. But, I can honestly say it's the best decision i've ever made in my life to meet up with him. I'm not saying it will be the same for you but there are alot of things to gain by going for it so aslong as you are comfortable i'd say do it. Even if it doesn't work out for whatever reason atleast you can say you tried, you'll regret it otherwise as it's hard to find people who are understanding about this type of thing.

I will give you some advice though;

1) TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING! Tell them when you are going, when you will be back, and what hotel you are staying at. This person will be very important if something goes wrong (fingers crossed they don't obviously). Also, arrange to atleast text this person everynight to let them know you are safe as your safety is the most important thing here.

2) Do not do baby-play straight away! I know it is extremely tempting to do so as it's a very exciting thing to happen and probably something you've been waiting years to experience, but patience is best. Get to know the 'adult' before you get to know the 'daddy'. So start texting them if you haven't already, or ring them. When you meet up go out and do things together; resturant, movie, wandering around the city, just anything where you can talk and genuinely get to know the person as faking an identity online is easy.

3) Pay close attention to the conversations you have in the run up to meeting him. If it starts to become sexual/ pure baby stuff/ pressuring/ uncomfortable etc then i'd say become more weary. If things continue as normal then you should be ok.

4) Don't be afraid to cancel last minute if you feel to uncomfortable. I know sometimes when things like this have been planned for so long you almost feel obligated to go and like you can't get out of it. But this is not true. Go on your gut instinct, if you're too worried then don't go. End of. If he's a decent person he'll understand. If he doesn't contact you again or has a go at you then he's an idiot and don't contact him again. You need to feel good about this because you feel it's the right things for you, not because someone else is expecting you to do it.

And finally,

5) I'd say make him come down to you so that you are in a comfortable environment that you know well and can escape should things go sour. This will make it much easier and you will feel far less nervous as you will be in more control over where you go/what you do as it is your 'turf' not his.

I hope this advice was helpful to you. If you have any other questions or want to find out about what happened between me and my daddy when we first met up then feel free to message me and we can talk more there in a more personal way if you have more concerns.

I hope everything goes well and I will stress again that the most important thing for you is to stay safe. Please stay safe and make sure you are comfortable with the choice you are making.

Good Luck! <3
    <3
    Thank you for that. I am feeling crazy nervous, but I especially liked #1 about texting home every night. Going out to eat and whatnot before hand is also an excellent suggestion that will be followed, most definitely. I will be sending you a PM whenever I get leveled up enough to do so. ^_^

I really suggest having a friend go with you if at all possible. My best friend was with me when I met up with my Daddy. Also, make sure to meet in public places! Never do anything that you aren't comfortable with!

Oh, and the same usual text home, let someone know where you are, make sure they know around what times you'll be be busy so they can know when to expect a text or call from you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    I really suggest having a friend go with you if at all possible. My best friend was with me when I met up with my Daddy. Also, make sure to meet in public places! Never do anything that you aren't comfortable with!

Oh, and the same usual text home, let someone know where you are, make sure they know around what times you'll be be busy so they can know when to expect a text or call from you...
    I'm a terrible person. I've met quite a few people now and I've never done any of this stuff. I'm lucky none of them had been creepers because if I were to go missing, no one would have known where I went. >_>

...and I realised that I was being unsafe with the last couple people I met but was like "oh well~" and just left it to the universe to figure things out.

The only advice I know would be to meet in a public place so that you can judge if they're safe or not to go somewhere private with. I personally wouldn't meet people on the net, and if I did it would be after knowing them forever and developing a lot of trust between us. Either way, just be safe.