Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had an interesting experience.

Default I had an interesting experience.

Well, when I bought my pink onesie, I forgot about one thing... I don't have a washer/dryer in my apartment, and I have to go to the public laundry! I never even thought about this until I had a leak the other day and it needed washed. Then, I remembered! Doh!

Since, I had no choice, I did it. I took it there, but I was very nervous! Of course, it's big, being a onesie, and not only that, it's the only PINK thing I own, so it stuck out like a sore thumb, especially through the window in the drier. Luckily though, you couldn't tell what it was, only that it was pink. To get it to the laundry, I stuffed it in the middle of the rest of my dirty clothes so you couldn't see it, and just threw it in the washer as quickly as I could as soon as I got there. Then I did the same when transferring between the washer and the drier. There were several people there, mostly women but no one seemed to notice. I even had a short conversion with a lady using the dryers next to mine while putting my stuff in the dryer! After it was dry, I pulled it out, quickly folded it (sort of), and put it between my folded towels so it was hidden. That was all there was to it, but it sure made my weekly laundry trip more exciting than it's ever been before.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

Tbh, you can always claim it's someone else's - unless you know the people who are there that is!

I've had to wash and dry onesies in my house without my housemates seeing, definitely not an easy task!

Héhé sounds kind of funny, I can imagine things going wrong at any moment.

Yeah, believe me, all those possible wrong things were going through my head one after the other the whole time I was there! LOL

I'm glad you didn't have to have an aqward discussion with the other people in the loundry as to why you were washing a pink onsie and if it was your's.

Just make sure you do your own laundry or take it out if someone else is doing it for you. My BF and I took our laundry to my parents' house, and Mr. X did the wash and threw the stuff into the dryer. My mom, being nice and also wanting the washer, folded the clothes for us.

Including all of my onesies.

She never said anything, and they were neatly folded with the rest of the clothes.

Remember humans are hard-wired to pick up on feelings and emotions of others. You smile at someone they'll smile in return, you frown and they'll sense your discomfort and frown. If you act nervous and conspicuous while cleaning a pink onesie they're going to think, "Wtf? Is that his/hers?" Just play it cool and casual and if anyone questions it have a casual reply ready, "Yah it's my sister's/friend's/girlfriend's. They knew I was doing my laundry today so they tossed it in with my stuff to be washed.

Quote Originally Posted by kronikmod View Post
    Remember humans are hard-wired to pick up on feelings and emotions of others. You smile at someone they'll smile in return, you frown and they'll sense your discomfort and frown. If you act nervous and conspicuous while cleaning a pink onesie they're going to think, "Wtf? Is that his/hers?" Just play it cool and casual and if anyone questions it have a casual reply ready, "Yah it's my sister's/friend's/girlfriend's. They knew I was doing my laundry today so they tossed it in with my stuff to be washed.
    That is the 100% truth. If you watch the show, 'What Would You Do' they talk about a psychological phenomenon about where others can pick up on your discomfort and subconsciously try to fix the problem. EX: If you have something stuck in your tooth and talking to someone, that someone might just start subconsciously start probing their own teeth with their tongue. People are responsive to each other, on the conscious and subconscious level.

True... This is exactly why fake excuses don't work for me very well. I'm a terrible lier. It was so hard wired into me as a kid that lying, even little white ones, are wrong that most people can read me like a book. That's why I just try to act normal and hope they don't say anything.

wash them in the shower whilst you wash yourself, thats how I do my shortalls and stuff since my mum does all the washing in the house :P