Thread: dealing with heat

Question dealing with heat

anyone use or know of a good cooling shirt???

Diapers cause me and my partner to sweat horridly (we both wear for need, CP and MS)

url links are good, i got underarmour, but it isnt comfy on my partner.

MJR

I've never even heard of a cooling shirt before you mentioned it. It's an interesting idea though. I also have Cerebral Palsy. I have Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy, it effects the left side of my body.

Diapers in the heat are the worst. What I try and do is use as much powder as possible, though I'm sure you already know that trick.

Of course wearing less/looser clothes will help. Also, if you wear cloth diapers, wearing a "breathable" waterproof pant definitely helps. I got a pair from gabby's.

(the canadian link is here: http://www.gabbys.net/zencart/index....products_id=14 ) go to gabbys.net if you live elsewhere)

It looks more like a white colour than the picture shows, but the sizes and fit are very well. If you are one of those people "between sizes" it's better, because I'm a small medium of a larger small and the small size fits perfectly on me. Plus you don't have a bigger waist and smaller legs than a lot of waterproof pants I find (for me, I'm awkward, because my legs are a tad bigger than my waist is), but the elastics work really well. The only improvement I could suggest it that they use thicker elastics so it doesn't fold over as much, but I haven't had it leak yet anyway.

Darkfinn

Um... well... I dunno about y'all... but I've found that wearing things over my diapers actually makes me sweat more. My typical workday atire is diaper, baggy shorts, & a long t-shirt. The fewer the layers and the looser fitting the clothing... the better off you are. I realise that this is not always practical for everyone b/c of work dress codes and the like... but I'm out in an open warehouse all day with no AC... so it gets plenty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Um... well... I dunno about y'all... but I've found that wearing things over my diapers actually makes me sweat more. My typical workday atire is diaper, baggy shorts, & a long t-shirt. The fewer the layers and the looser fitting the clothing... the better off you are. I realise that this is not always practical for everyone b/c of work dress codes and the like... but I'm out in an open warehouse all day with no AC... so it gets plenty hot.
    I think I'd be fine...Since I work in frozen food ^_^