Thread: Intro

Default Intro

Hey all, finally got round to making my intro so I don't keep a "lurker" status.

Just here to keep up to date with ab/dl stuff really.

There's a story behind your username; I was there for the rise and fall of disco, including the "Disco sucks" tee shirts one of which I owned...

I have mellowed since and recognize Disco's historical importance, where it came from and where it led, including interesting influences on techno; I am lately (a few years now) really enjoying dance in all its forms, and see disco in that context. I loathe the soft rock of the 70's and the soft hip-hop pap it led to... kind of how I felt about disco in its heyday.

I will say that I became a Bee Gees fan... but only of their early 60's work, when they were an imitation Beatles band

Quote Originally Posted by Toomuchdisco View Post
    Hey all, finally got round to making my intro so I don't keep a "lurker" status.

Just here to keep up to date with ab/dl stuff really.
    Nice!

Glad you finally decided to become a more active part of the community! Why don't you now tell us a little bit more about yourself! We're not looking for any major life details, just things that won't identify you, but tell us more about you!

Do you have any sports or hobbies? Are you studying? I see you're from near London, how do you find London? When I lived there everyone always complained about the horrible public transport, but for me it was a DREAM! I come from the middle of nowhere in Scotland where to get a 20 minute drive away will take you two hours, and an hour of planning beforehand by bus/train! Mental!

Welcome to Adisc, looking forward to hearing more from you soon It's always nice to have more UK members

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Nice!

Glad you finally decided to become a more active part of the community! Why don't you now tell us a little bit more about yourself! We're not looking for any major life details, just things that won't identify you, but tell us more about you!

Do you have any sports or hobbies? Are you studying? I see you're from near London, how do you find London? When I lived there everyone always complained about the horrible public transport, but for me it was a DREAM! I come from the middle of nowhere in Scotland where to get a 20 minute drive away will take you two hours, and an hour of planning beforehand by bus/train! Mental!

Welcome to Adisc, looking forward to hearing more from you soon It's always nice to have more UK members
    I've been a little more active elsewhere in the past when I had more time to myself.

I'm a big football fan (Luton Town FC), play a bit of it here n there and also do karate. Other than that, I like the usual stuff of video games, bit of anime, rubbish music etc.

I'm no longer studying but a full-time professional, which I can't say too much about on an open forum (message me and I'll tell all)

I live such a distance from London that I don't have to put up with the hustle and bustle of it on a daily basis but can still enjoy an easy daytrip there so I don't really have any problems with the public transport!