Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sympathy for wearing diapers?

Default Sympathy for wearing diapers?

I've always fantasized about wearing diapers. So have many people. However, many of the times I think of stories for diapers, I find that sympathy is the best part. Then I realized it:
    I want people to feel sorry for me because I have to wear diapers. It's very selfish. But the worst part: My favorite story was when I imagine that my parents died, and I get adopted by a single father, and had to wear diapers to bed. I was a silent kid who never talked because his parents died, as if I was traumatized. It was a very emotional story, and parts of it made me cry, but I felt happy that I'd be getting all that attention and sympathy.

Am I the only one that feels this way? And if so, is it wrong?

Vroeger

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDL15 View Post
    To be honest I don't really understand what you're talking about. Have you read diaper stories or did you write them?

Anyway, I say it's not wrong. Thinking is never, not ever, wrong. Saying or doing things however can be wrong, but even then it'd be a matter of opinion.

I read this one story series called Alvin Ever After. Really long, but great stories. It's big enough to be turned into a book. (It's long gone now, though.)
    If you could read it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't think it's all that unusual for us. I used to feel this way when I was 6, but outgrew it. Most of us have the humiliation fantasies, where we imagine getting caught and forced to wear diapers, then either humiliated or something on that level. I suspect that the reason we feel a need to wear diapers is related to experiences we had when we were very young. Thus other related feelings are based in these childhood experiences as well.

It's not wrong or unusual in our "hobby" to think that way. I think yours is just a variation of a longing for positive attention and nurturing. Nothing wrong with that. When it becomes wrong and possibly even illegal is if you were to start manipulating other people into a position where they are unwittingly helping you to fulfill those fantasies. Be well friend!

crazykittensmile

I definitely feel like this. When I am conjuring up stories, either in my head or on paper, which revolve around wearing diapers they will usually include humiliation only in the head of the diaper-wearer, as they worry about how people will react. What I focus on far more is the sympathy aspect of somebody finding out, accepting it and then wishing to reassure and care for that person. I definitely crave being cared for in a very nurturing manner, and I think that I attribute some vulnerability to needing to wear diapers, in my mind at least, and as such having somebody find out about diaper-wearing, and feel sympathy, is a good way of creating a situation within stories where I (or the main character) are treated in this very caring way and where somebody else feels very protective over them.

I don't think it is wrong to feel that way; it is not wrong to want to have sympathy and attention or to fantasise about situations where that may happen. I guess it would only become wrong if you started to act on your fantasies or involve other, unwilling, people into them. If you started to lie to people and tell them that you needed to wear diapers in order to try and evoke sympathy from them in order to satisfy your own fantasy then that would be wrong, but making up and/or reading stories/fantasies in which a diaper-wearer is met with sympathy is not in itself 'wrong.'

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I definitely feel like this. When I am conjuring up stories, either in my head or on paper, which revolve around wearing diapers they will usually include humiliation only in the head of the diaper-wearer, as they worry about how people will react. What I focus on far more is the sympathy aspect of somebody finding out, accepting it and then wishing to reassure and care for that person. I definitely crave being cared for in a very nurturing manner, and I think that I attribute some vulnerability to needing to wear diapers, in my mind at least, and as such having somebody find out about diaper-wearing, and feel sympathy, is a good way of creating a situation within stories where I (or the main character) are treated in this very caring way and where somebody else feels very protective over them.

I don't think it is wrong to feel that way; it is not wrong to want to have sympathy and attention or to fantasise about situations where that may happen. I guess it would only become wrong if you started to act on your fantasies or involve other, unwilling, people into them. If you started to lie to people and tell them that you needed to wear diapers in order to try and evoke sympathy from them in order to satisfy your own fantasy then that would be wrong, but making up and/or reading stories/fantasies in which a diaper-wearer is met with sympathy is not in itself 'wrong.'
    You know what I mean. Atleast someone out there is like me. You must know a lot about this stuff. By the way, do you have any stories I could read?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDL15 View Post
    I've always fantasized about wearing diapers. So have many people. However, many of the times I think of stories for diapers, I find that sympathy is the best part. Then I realized it:
    I want people to feel sorry for me because I have to wear diapers. It's very selfish. But the worst part: My favorite story was when I imagine that my parents died, and I get adopted by a single father, and had to wear diapers to bed. I was a silent kid who never talked because his parents died, as if I was traumatized. It was a very emotional story, and parts of it made me cry, but I felt happy that I'd be getting all that attention and sympathy.

Well, you just described something very similar to the history of two characters from my story Alli and Abba, comically enough.

That said, having lost my father at 12, I guarantee you the fantasy is much nicer than the reality...

A lot of people like to write stories with characters who people can pity. It is often because they want people to pity them (either they have a crappy life, or feel like they do) so they create a character similar to themselves so that when people feel sorry for the character, they know they are actually feeling sorry for the writer. That's how part of the mary-sue stereotype came about.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Well, you just described something very similar to the history of two characters from my story Alli and Abba, comically enough.

That said, having lost my father at 12, I guarantee you the fantasy is much nicer than the reality...
    Thanks! I look forward to reading it when I'm done with my current reading right now. Shouldn't be too long.