Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 2

Default Rock Band 2

I made this thread so anyone getting Rock Band 2 can find other people to join their band(s) for Online Band World Tour and Battle of the Bands, other people to challenge to a score duel or tug-o-war, and/or even put together a temporary band for online quickplay.

My gamertag is YoungNastyman88

I'll play any instrument, and am willing to switch off at any time or stick to one instrument throughout. I am hoping to find other expert players, although I don't mind playing with any lower difficulty players (It is a game after all, and I am looking to have fun, not conquer the leaderboards)

I haven't really looked into Rock Band 2 so I have NOOOOO idea what is going on with it, but I might get it, although I'm trying not to buy anything because Guitar Hero 4 costs A LOT!!!

Anyways, I'm more of a guitar Hero fan, Rock Band is WAYYYYYYYYY to easy for me, and it doesn't do hammer-ons very well =/

I'm hoping that the drums for Guitar Hero 4 won't be in the game to much, I don't like the drums for Rock Band and never will -.-.

How much is the new Rock Band btw?

I might get that game soon. Right now, I am sticking to the first Rock Band. I play the drums and guitar on hard.

I play the Guitar on Expert, can play every song I've ever played on rock band on expert.

I play medium on Drums, hey I only really started playing them yesterday when I went to my friends house XD.

They are fun, but DEF not as fun as playing the guitar.

Gamestop has the bundle priced the same as GHWT at $189.99, however Harmonix hasn't given an actual price or date on it. Game only will be 59.99 and be released on Sept 30th

and here are all the facts on it so far:

Rock Band 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

too much info for one post seeing as they announced all the info on it at E3 including the whole on disc setlist, minus the free 20 song pack consisting of songs they couldn't fit on the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    I haven't really looked into Rock Band 2 so I have NOOOOO idea what is going on with it, but I might get it, although I'm trying not to buy anything because Guitar Hero 4 costs A LOT!!!

Anyways, I'm more of a guitar Hero fan, Rock Band is WAYYYYYYYYY to easy for me, and it doesn't do hammer-ons very well =/

I'm hoping that the drums for Guitar Hero 4 won't be in the game to much, I don't like the drums for Rock Band and never will -.-.

How much is the new Rock Band btw?
    You're hammer-ons don't work because they're more accurate than guitar hero. You don't get an extra second to hit the note. Also, play Blackened, Thrasher, Ride the Lightning, Afterlife, and then Snow (Hey Oh), and tell me if Rock Band is too easy.

I'm getting the Ion Drum kit hopefully. Drums are so much more fun than guitar when you play expert for both. Neil Peart Fills = <3333

I think I would get rock band but right now I only have a Wii and a gaming PC. Really all I want are the drums and guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    You're hammer-ons don't work because they're more accurate than guitar hero. You don't get an extra second to hit the note. Also, play Blackened, Thrasher, Ride the Lightning, Afterlife, and then Snow (Hey Oh), and tell me if Rock Band is too easy.

I'm getting the Ion Drum kit hopefully. Drums are so much more fun than guitar when you play expert for both. Neil Peart Fills = <3333
    No my hammer ons don't work because I could never see them, then when I did they usually weren't very useful.

And I think I've already done Hey Oh and gotten like a 93%. Not sure though, my friend didn't have all the songs but he did have most of them.

Hm... I never really liked Guitar Hero-esque games. Perhaps that's because I'm awful at them, and play guitar as well :P

Oh well, people can enjoy whatever they like.

I like guitar hero as a fun game, but I really detest it's glorification.

It's more fun, more of a challenge, and MORE rewarding, to pick up the guitar or any other instrument (incl Vocals), and start a REAL band.

But it takes time, and people these days seem to want things right here right now.

Either way, tastes are subjective.