Thread: Hi from Quakey New Zealand

Red face Hi from Quakey New Zealand

1) Hello! Who are you?

I'm a regular girl in a regular city. I don't have a lot of friends because I'm not hugely great at social interaction, and tend to avoid people IRL! haha.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

I've been wearing 24/7 for almost a year now, in what started as curiosity and led to me realizing that I love the feeling of diapers. They're warm and soft and just lovely. Then, about... three? months after I started wearing for fun, a series of unfortunate events befell my city, and I started bedwetting. That spilled over (no pun intended) into daytime wetting, especially when sneezing or coughing or laughing! So it's a case of I started by liking them, and have ended up pretty much needing them.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

I'm a bit of a homebody, and it's not all because of the diapers, though that plays a part. I like watching old tv shows like the Brady Bunch or the Cosby Show - in these troubling times, they're like the visual equivalent of comfort food, you know? I've been known to write, and if I'm honest I can get kind of snotty with people who don't know their homophones - two/to/too and they're/their/there mistakes get right on my wick! But I'm usually pretty good about pointing it out nicely if I have to point it out at all, haha!

I like video games too, but I don't really have the attention span to sit and play all day. I typically flit between a number of activities in a day, perhaps two books, a bunch of episodes, and a couple of games, as the mood strikes me.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

It'd be nice to talk to people who get it. I'm a little tired of the politics between the functionally incontinent and the AB/DL community. I don't want to be inflammatory in my introduction, but succinctly, I think it's a bit rude for DLs to hop into threads where truly incontinent people are looking for help with their very real disability, and say things like "oh man you're so lucky I wish I was incontinent!" I'm more about people thinking before they speak, not just about what they're saying, but about how their words can be taken. I mean, you're never going to please all of the people all of the time, but I guess as long as you're not deliberately out to hurt people, and can take constructive criticism when you mess up, that's the main thing, right?

I'm getting long winded. It's nice to meet people and I hope to talk to a lot of you soon

1) Hello! Who are you?
    I don't have a lot of friends because I'm not hugely great at social interaction, and tend to avoid people IRL!

An awful lot of us have symptoms of autistic spectrum disorders, including Asberger's - I do. I do not claim in my case or for most people we have a full-blown disorder - not at all; just some characteristics. Similarly as fetishistic -type people (whether you count diapers as a fetish as such) we are a bunch of obsessive-compulsiv types - note I DO NOT go so far as to diagnose us with OCD as such - of course not! But we are a bit OCD-ish, I am for sure.

I am naturally gregarious but lack raw talent in socializing; my lack of instinct there is made up for by "social training" - learning how to interact. Happily though I wanted the ability to make friends better as a young un I never understood being "popular" or wanting it. I want a core of close friends, a wife and a crowd of friendly acquaintances. Being universally liked doesn't concern me; it's illusory anyway, and transitory... and is a tail apt to wag the dog.

Autistic-type people are commonly sensitive and easily overwhelmed by emotion and social interaction. I am a low energy person from a sleep disorder, but the effect is tantamount to the same.

Online people... that's different. It's a whole 'nuther ballgame with new rules: like it is polite to terminate much more suddenly - gtg, rl stuff...

especially when sneezing or coughing or laughing!
    Typical triggers for narcoleptics too! Fascinating, captain! Do you have excessive daytime sleepiness?

#4 above, abdl's invading incon sites and forums... That is rude and we look down on it. It is disrespectful to saydisregard others' feelings of resentment toward diapers, as as is those who dismiss our fetishistic enjoyment.

I am aware of the incon-trolling abdl's, before there were sites for recreational wearers were sites for IC. There is diversity here and it gets respected: we come in all flavors of religion politics, species, gender-identity, sexuality, and get along just fine. I accept there are plastic pant fans but also goodnights wearer, cloth lovers, etc. I get the pullups people grew up in them plus they still fit; they don't do it for me. Just as pp's don't do it for huggable lil cubbies Respect for diversity of taste and inclination is key to our community functioning smoothly.

If you go on IC sites and they are pestered by rec. wearers, instead of them shoo-ing the abdl's away and buying troll-spray, get them to call in ABiDAL Control people who will bait traps (free Depends sample) and capture wild ABDL'S and box them up and release them back in the abdl ecosystem where they belong, where they'll find friends and possibly even a mate. (Not here as such but in the ecosystem are Diaperspace, Diapernates, etc.)

They don't belong tearing up roof shingles and moving into IC forum attics. The admins there should actively tell them there is a vast and diverse abdl community where they should be instead.

Would you please tell IC forum admins to actively participate in relocating abdl's, on the sites you go to? Everyone ends up happier... Adisc is the ideal jumpstation for them, and if we are not the best place for them we can help them find wherever is.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 17-Jun-2011 at 15:20.

Welcome!!! I am an English major, so I know all about the incorrect word usage. Haha! ^_^ Hope you enjoy everything!

Edited: I enjoy video games too! What do you play?

Welcome fellow Kiwi..
    Yes the horrible state the lovely garden city is in. I have family down that way, but myself has not been there for some time.

It's good to see more New Zealander's here, and I am sure there are much more in the works that just don't know about this site.

Hi there, welcome to ADISC

Always nice to see another fellow Kiwi. Hope you're faring OK with quakes!