Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Transgender/Transsexual etc. tests?

  1. #1

    Default Transgender/Transsexual etc. tests?

    Do you guys know of any tests I can take? I'm doing my research thoroughly and am thinking I am transsexual, but I want to take some tests to help. I've already taken one, here's my result:

    ------------------

    Your COGIATI result value is: 205 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

    SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
    Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

    It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

    Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

    Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

    If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

    -----------------

    This one says I should see someone who can help me further with this, but I want to take as many tests as I can so I can compare my answers. You guys know of any, or have a comment on my result?

  2. #2

    Default

    I had a look for some stuff like this a while ago and I couldn't find anything other than COGIATI (which, although I'm not trans-myself, I didn't think much of - it seems like you'd need to be a pretty stereotypical boy / girl not to fall in-between categories.)

    Anyway - you might have a look at the diagnostic criteria for Gender Dysphoria? they're obviously very dry and medical, but might help you to think about things?

    suggested language for diagnosing gender dysphoria in children TRANS EDUCATION

    Gender Identity Disorder DSM IV Diagnosis

    Good luck working out these complex issues.[COLOR="Silver"]

  3. #3

    Default

    Thank you so much for your support!

  4. #4

    Default

    similar to my results when I took that test.

    Gender dysphoria is something you shouldnt ignore and its good that you're looking into it if you dont quite feel happy with who you are. Unfortunately all I can suggest is to see a professional about how you feel, online tests are only there as indicators and shouldnt be considered clinical proof.

    I've still not spoken to any professionals myself so really I should be taking my own advice but since I already came out as gay and been caught "getting dressed" a few times I'm not sure how my parents will take it, or my boyfriend for that matter.

  5. #5

    Default

    Thank you ^^ But I won't have any access to a professional without my parents finding out. I don't want to tell them unless I'm 100% sure of what I am. I'll just wait until I'm 18 and free to do whatever I want.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine96 View Post
    Thank you so much for your support!
    Hey no problem

    I just asked someone I know on twitter who made a mtf transition a few years ago - she reckons that the tests aren't much use one way or the other, and if you are questioning yourself seriously about this stuff, it's better just to talk to a psych doctor. < One woman's opinion, so pinch of salt with it.

    If you were a Brit, I'd tell you just to take an appointment with your GP and get a referral, I don't know how it works in the US, depending on insurance providers and the fact you are under-age. Have you talked to your parents about this stuff?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine96 View Post
    Thank you ^^ But I won't have any access to a professional without my parents finding out. I don't want to tell them unless I'm 100% sure of what I am. I'll just wait until I'm 18 and free to do whatever I want.
    I can understand that, my parents were supportive when I came out, but as for my gender issues, I'm 24, living in their house and still havent uttered a word about it.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    Hey no problem

    I just asked someone I know on twitter who made a mtf transition a few years ago - she reckons that the tests aren't much use one way or the other, and if you are questioning yourself seriously about this stuff, it's better just to talk to a psych doctor. < One woman's opinion, so pinch of salt with it.

    If you were a Brit, I'd tell you just to take an appointment with your GP and get a referral, I don't know how it works in the US, depending on insurance providers and the fact you are under-age. Have you talked to your parents about this stuff?
    I really don't want to tell my parents until I'm 100% sure of what I am, as stated in my post above. Knowing my dad, I'd be in danger of disowning (not kidding, either). My mom wouldn't "dislike" it, but she'd really be shocked, I'm her first and only "son". But she'd just want me to be happy and have my back no matter what.

    ---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

    Not kidding, everything in this paragraph applies to me:

    "In boys, the cross gender identification is manifested by a marked preoccupation with traditionally feminine activities. They may have a preference for dressing in girls’ or women’s clothes or may improvise such items from available materials when genuine articles are unavailable. Towels, aprons, and scarves are often used to represent long hair or skirts. There is a strong attraction for the stereotypical games and pastimes of girls. They particularly enjoy playing house, drawing pictures of beautiful girls and princesses, and watching television or videos of their favorite female-type dolls, such as Barbie, are often their favorite toys, and girls are their preferred playmates. When playing "house", these boys role-play female figures. Most commonly "mother roles", and often are quite preoccupied with female fantasy figures. they avoid rough-and-tumble play and competitive sports and have little interest in cars and trucks or other no-aggressive but stereotypical boy’s toys. They may express a wish to be a girl and assert that they will grow up to be a woman. they may insist on sitting to urinate and pretend not to have a penis by pushing it in between their legs. More rarely, boys with Gender Identity Disorder may state that they find their penis or testes disgusting, that they want to remove them, or that they have, or wish to have, a vagina."

    I feel like I'm leaning more towards being a transsexual than before... I'm getting ready to say that I'm transsexual, but I have one more question before I do.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine96 View Post
    I really don't want to tell my parents until I'm 100% sure of what I am, as stated in my post above. Knowing my dad, I'd be in danger of disowning (not kidding, either). My mom wouldn't "dislike" it, but she'd really be shocked, I'm her first and only "son". But she'd just want me to be happy and have my back no matter what.

    ---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

    Not kidding, everything in this paragraph applies to me:

    "In boys, the cross gender identification is manifested by a marked preoccupation with traditionally feminine activities. They may have a preference for dressing in girls’ or women’s clothes or may improvise such items from available materials when genuine articles are unavailable. Towels, aprons, and scarves are often used to represent long hair or skirts. There is a strong attraction for the stereotypical games and pastimes of girls. They particularly enjoy playing house, drawing pictures of beautiful girls and princesses, and watching television or videos of their favorite female-type dolls, such as Barbie, are often their favorite toys, and girls are their preferred playmates. When playing "house", these boys role-play female figures. Most commonly "mother roles", and often are quite preoccupied with female fantasy figures. they avoid rough-and-tumble play and competitive sports and have little interest in cars and trucks or other no-aggressive but stereotypical boy’s toys. They may express a wish to be a girl and assert that they will grow up to be a woman. they may insist on sitting to urinate and pretend not to have a penis by pushing it in between their legs. More rarely, boys with Gender Identity Disorder may state that they find their penis or testes disgusting, that they want to remove them, or that they have, or wish to have, a vagina."

    I feel like I'm leaning more towards being a transsexual than before... I'm getting ready to say that I'm transsexual, but I have one more question before I do.
    It's a real shame if you think you can't talk to your parents about these things.
    You might want to search out some dedicated transsexual support forums and resources online, might be more helpful for you than posting on here?

    good luck anyway.

    BTW - the answer to your sig line is this: if you tie a piece of buttered toast to a cats back and drop it, then the fact that the opposing forces of cats-feet and toast are matched, the cat will spin at high speed. If you attach a shaft to the cat, you can use it to generate an electrical current. ;-)

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    BTW - the answer to your sig line is this: if you tie a piece of buttered toast to a cats back and drop it, then the fact that the opposing forces of cats-feet and toast are matched, the cat will spin at high speed. If you attach a shaft to the cat, you can use it to generate an electrical current. ;-)
    That's great! Nice answer, I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to answer that!

    ---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

    Well, with all the research, reading, support from friends/strangers (you know who ya are!), I can pretty much say that I'm a transsexual. Thanks all for the help, I really appreciate it!

Similar Threads

  1. How to deal with wearing and tests at Hospital?
    By honker in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-Apr-2011, 10:10
  2. transgender
    By FluffyFluffers in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2010, 05:16
  3. Drug tests?
    By Unfused in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-Mar-2009, 08:01
  4. The COGIATI Transsexual Test
    By IncompleteDude in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-Jul-2008, 19:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.