Thread: Sounds odd, but Goodnites for day would be great - ideas

Lightbulb Sounds odd, but Goodnites for day would be great - ideas

Hi,

I think that day and night versions Goodnites / Drynites would make a nice improvement.

The day version would differ from the current Goodnites this way:

Small waistband
    - more discreet and unseen when your shirt uncovers your back
    - a shape that would make them look like more real underwear
    - would therefore be more confident when wearing them out in daily life. I think this is the biggest issue about current nighttime Goodnites designed for pyjamas

Slightly less absorbency
    - make them more discreet
    - reduce costs (as several diapers may be used during the same day, they can become expensive)

Improve instead absorbency at the crotch
    This is the most crucial part during the day when standing up or sitting down. That's why a large waistband is not that useful when not lying down like in a bed.

Open side
    - easily get changed in case of an accident : no need to remove pants and shoes
    - a velcro on one of the diaper's side would make the trick : undo it to replace take used diaper off, undo it on the new one to easily place it and just fasten it with this same velcro
    - a real time-saver and very handy in some situations
    - easier for parents as well, as small kids are also the target for Goodnites

Design
    - More than 2 distinct designs in each package to make them fun to choose from during the morning, like choosing real underwear
    - distinct design from the night version

With such a day version, the night version could be improved with slightly more absorbency than the current ones, and I'm sure they would still keep discreet

What do you think about it? Do you have any other idea for Goodnites for day?

I don't know how I feel about it. If people wanted to have daytime protection, there are already many choices out there. I think that Goodnites have a good thing going on already. If they would ever do this, I think it would burst their balloon. There are less kids with daytime accidents. The ones who do have them, they already have a doctors suggestion. [Usually medicine]

Not to offend, but I feel like you're looking at this from an AB/DL biased view. Think if you were in the parents situation. You would want the medicine to help stop it, rather than buying a bunch of diapers for your kid.

Now, this is just my point of view. Don't let my post kill your thoughts of this idea. :]

-Plum

[QUOTE=Sugarplum;664752]I don't know how I feel about it. If people wanted to have daytime protection, there are already many choices out there. I think that Goodnites have a good thing going on already. If they would ever do this, I think it would burst their balloon. There are less kids with daytime accidents. The ones who do have them, they already have a doctors suggestion. [Usually medicine]

Just to comment on the suggestion that daytime Goodnites should have less capacity - this might suit recreational wearers but kids who need daytime protection often need as much absorbancy as at night - there are all kinds of conditions that affect bladder control but a lot of them lead to sudden large voidings - and they need diapers/protective pants that can absorb large amounts quickly- perhaps at times when the person wearing them is physically active.

Parents (and I am one) will want to follow doctors suggestions - but they will also want appropriate and effective protection for thier children who need to feel confident about leading a normal life -inside a diaper they can rely on.

I think people who wear and void in diapers recreationally often find it hard to pee in them and strain to pass urine in a way their body is conditioned against. IC people don't have this difficulty either because it all happens at once or there is a intermittant stream/dribble that you are often unaware of.

Vroeger

Mickael75, are you suggesting this because you personally want those daytime good"nites" or because you think the population needs them?

Alecs

I think you just described a diaper, but with like the protection of a pad, or less. Am I missing something?

I think a "daytime" Goodnite would defeat the purpose of the product. Think about its name for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    I think a "daytime" Goodnite would defeat the purpose of the product. Think about its name for a sec.
    My thoughts exactly. They're used for night time bedwetting.. and their target is kids much younger than 13.. why would they need a day time product?

Sorry for the late answer...

This was just a suggestion and I tried to make it not too much specific to my needs and wishes.
    But it seems it was still too specific and therefore not such a good idea!
    I eventually agree with all of you about absorbency that shouldn't be decreased. However the main issue that remains in my opinion is that the current Goodnites pants have a too high waistband (going up to the belly) which can be visible outside jeans for instance (and I'm not only talking about low waist ones!).

Anyway, suggestion closed!

Hmph, I don't get it.

I wear goodnites for daytime and I see them as discreet. I don't think a daytime version is necessary. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post

Open side
    - easily get changed in case of an accident : no need to remove pants and shoes
    - a velcro on one of the diaper's side would make the trick : undo it to replace take used diaper off, undo it on the new one to easily place it and just fasten it with this same velcro
    - a real time-saver and very handy in some situations
    - easier for parents as well, as small kids are also the target for Goodnites
    The eastern goodnight have the opening to the side 굿나이트® 밤새 걱* 없이, 아침까지 편안하게~
    see step 5.