Thread: Question about other fetishes.

Default Question about other fetishes.

As everyone in the *B/DL community knows many people have experienced a strong urge to tell their friends, family, and loved ones, about their desires. I myself have experienced this urge and from lurking on *B/DL sites for almost 7years I think most other people have too.

My question to members knowledgeable of other fetish communities is this: Is the urge to tell other people about their fetish as strong in those communities as it is in this one? Is the urge stronger/weaker? If so do you have any guesses as to why this is?

I think it's because infantilism isn't always, isn't very, or isn't sexual at all for everyone. Take your pick. Yet still for others, it's very sexual.
    Many other fetishes are probably much more sexual, though probably with exceptions.

Well I never had an urge to tell anyone about my fetishes, still don't.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is my bussiness, and no one needs to know all of my fetishes, and I have a few, and have paracticed them for many years.

Like ballucanbe I have no desire to go out and tell, but having lived in the gay underground while in college, there was a great desire among many to tell. I think part of the reason was in seeking acceptance from others. But I think part of the reason was to achieve self-acceptance. I suspect the same applies to infantilism. The funny thing was that by being flagrant, my gay friends often turned others off, not on. Straight people usually don't want to know what others do in their bedrooms.

I'm very active in the adult doll comunity and the urge to tell is strong there too. Recently I told and showed my ex my dolls and she was cool with it but I could not bring up the diaper thing. Perhaps some day... She did see my name, Nam Repaid, on the doll forum but did not get it.

I used to think secrets made me stronger, now I think they hold me back.

Nam

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    As everyone in the *B/DL community knows many people have experienced a strong urge to tell their friends, family, and loved ones, about their desires. I myself have experienced this urge and from lurking on *B/DL sites for almost 7years I think most other people have too.

My question to members knowledgeable of other fetish communities is this: Is the urge to tell other people about their fetish as strong in those communities as it is in this one? Is the urge stronger/weaker? If so do you have any guesses as to why this is?
    I would have to think the urge would be there to tell ANY loved one about any secret one may have. I know I've felt it before and not just over the TB thing. Heck, I have a very hard time lying to my parents about anything, and there are friends that I've wanted to tell that I'm a TB and wisely or unwisely haven't. Oh, and I still think you should tell

Default c'est passe

I used to, but now it's just something I don't worry about. If my parents find out that'll be a tough one, yeah. But for now I'm just living my life.

And for me being a DL is sort of a side-thing in itself. Something that isn't really compulsive as in fetish, but that I could throw away with 5/10 effort in favor of a more "normal" life.

I think it's easier to "come out" about non-sexual fetishes than it is to come out about strictly sexual ones.

Personally, If I had to, I'd much rather come out as an AB and confess to all the secure huggling goodness than say... Confessing about a sexual fetish.