Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeBron- DENIED!!!

Default LeBron- DENIED!!!

I love this as I've been a Cleveland Cavaliers fan all my life from the days when we almost relocated in the early 80s to the days where there were more blue seats at the Q than fans... last summer, LeBron James went on an asinine TV specacle known as 'The Decision', in said spectacle which I decieded to miss- because I had a gut feeling he was leaving Cleveland and I had no desire to see it; plus I needed groceries and I was resting off a hangover.

In that special hosted by Jim Gray, he said he was 'Taking his talents to South Beach to play for the Miami Heat and win a championship'. Last night, he was DENIED that bling-bling he so coveted like a child to a most-wanted toy. He felt like he deserved it. No, in my eyes he didn't. I sometimes wonder by having that self-glorified special last year he cursed himself.

Seeing the Dallas Mavericks win and knock LeBron off his pedestal made me happy, but however it pissed off his big backers- ESPN.

I still swear that ESPN told LeBron to go to Miami and leave small, pitiful, nothing-to-do-in-Cleveland, Ohio for the warm, sunny beaches of Miami and the late-night parties. Cleveland is not much a city, trust me as I am very familiar with the area. ESPN's crew probably got sick of having to go to Cleveland and have nothing to do.

But last night made me smile. I may have hated Michael Jordan for how he always seemed to one-up the same Cavaliers when he was with the Bulls, but I at least had more respect for Jordan than I do LeBron. Michael Jordan earned his championships with the Bulls.

LeBron was selfish in wanting to win right off the bat in Miam with his buddies instead of working for it like Jordan did.

I also didn't like LeBron's comment in essence, blaming God for the loss in the Finals. That just reeks of desperation and baaad Karma. To me, that's immature. The Heat were clearly out-played by the Dallas Mavericks. I also didn't like how he and Chris Bosh taunted Dirk Nowitzki. To me, that was hitting below the belt a bit.

Just glad this season of drama is over. Now, I can focus on seeing whether or not the NBA will have it's own lockout this year like the NFL. Plus, Cleveland has the #1, and #4 overall draft pick this year in the draft... so that makes me SMILE.

Go Cavaliers, Go Cleveland... the city that Rocks, the city that breaks my heart time and time again. Cleveland, the city of a burning river, Cleveland the city of ten-cent beer night... Cleveland.

WildThing121675

The guy wants a NBA campionship ring and he thought the team he was on sucked so he moved. Thats understandable from my point of view, the fans have no ownership over another human being. Of course he was a ass for doing it.

But Basketball with it's high scoring system seems like as much as a joke as nascar. Let me know when the last five mins are on or when there's a game like kobe vs shaq, then I'll watch.

I would like to point out that the Heats where two games away from a championship while the Cavaliers Cavaliers had the second worst record in the league. I fail to see what Cleveland is celebrating... The Heats did have a better season than all but 1 team in the league, that really vindicated LeBron's decision IMO. He never got that close to a title before, so obviously going to Miami was a good idea. The way he did it was pretty dickish, admittedly, but the actual "decision" (reference to that stupid special non-intended) was the right one. Of course he's still a complete show-off, but he was in his Clevland days too and fans there didn't seem to complain during his tenure there - funny how those things change...

As for blaming God, well one of the Mavericks player (don't remember which one) praised God for helping them win - so really, he's saying that God helped Miami lose. By that logic, LeBron is perfectly justified in blaming God for the loss, since the Mavs are partially crediting God for their win... Fun fact: sportsmans praising God for their success is a pet peeve of mine - saying that God decided to support you more than the other guy doesn't make you humble, it makes you a douche...

Anyway, I'm happy the Mavericks won (about time they won their NBA championship) but as long as they can stay the course (pending potential new salary cap rules) the Heats probably have the best chance of winning next year. Say what you will, but making it to the finals in their first year together was pretty impressive.

I agree on the ESPN problem, the bias was so obvious if you watched their finals coverage. It was so awful we had to watch the game on mute. But hey, GO MAVS, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I would like to point out that the Heats where two games away from a championship while the Cavaliers Cavaliers had the second worst record in the league. I fail to see what Cleveland is celebrating... The Heats did have a better season than all but 1 team in the league, that really vindicated LeBron's decision IMO. He never got that close to a title before, so obviously going to Miami was a good idea. The way he did it was pretty dickish, admittedly, but the actual "decision" (reference to that stupid special non-intended) was the right one. Of course he's still a complete show-off, but he was in his Clevland days too and fans there didn't seem to complain during his tenure there - funny how those things change...

As for blaming God, well one of the Mavericks player (don't remember which one) praised God for helping them win - so really, he's saying that God helped Miami lose. By that logic, LeBron is perfectly justified in blaming God for the loss, since the Mavs are partially crediting God for their win... Fun fact: sportsmans praising God for their success is a pet peeve of mine - saying that God decided to support you more than the other guy doesn't make you humble, it makes you a douche...

Anyway, I'm happy the Mavericks won (about time they won their NBA championship) but as long as they can stay the course (pending potential new salary cap rules) the Heats probably have the best chance of winning next year. Say what you will, but making it to the finals in their first year together was pretty impressive.
    Actually, LeBron took his team to 4 wins away from a championship in Cleveland.

Sure, 2 is closer, but don't you think it's a bit odd that two superstars only improves your final result by 2 wins, and actually the regular season record was worse...

I understand why Cleveland is celebrating - because Cleveland did everything it could within the salary cap rules to build a team around LeBron, and he walked out on the place where he grew up, leaving the team in shambles.

I'm celebrating, because a couple of spoiled brat superstars acted like spoiled brats and got their hats handed to them by a bunch of hard working blue-collar types, led by the most blue collar of them all, Dirk.

And I'm not a Mavs fan either. But I've always liked Dirk, and hoped he'd eventually get the ring he rightfully and quietly earned over the course of the 10 years he's been doing it night after night, with no fanfare, no laser light shows, no hoopla, and no nonsense. Takin' care of business, that's what Dirk is about, and he took out the trash in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    But Basketball with it's high scoring system seems like as much as a joke as nascar. Let me know when the last five mins are on or when there's a game like kobe vs shaq, then I'll watch.
    With you on that!

That's why I love hockey. Someone scores, the game stops for a bit while the crowd goes nuts and it's a huge deal. Basketball like you said, only the last bit of the game is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    With you on that!

That's why I love hockey. Someone scores, the game stops for a bit while the crowd goes nuts and it's a huge deal. Basketball like you said, only the last bit of the game is interesting.
    I try to like hockey especially when my "home" team the sharks are in the playoffs. However I can't help but find it boring since they find to extremely hard to score. The casual fights are fun to watch but even they are far between. The NFL has a wide variety of dynamics which makes it my favorite professional sport, plus on nearly every play there's a possibility of this happening.

Or at least someone becoming a quadriplegic.

Football I agree has more dynamic when they are playing. Problem is there is _way_ too much time between plays to hold my attention.

It's ok at a bar with some friends.. but can't watch it on TV at home. Even in the background. Just not enough happening.

The reason Cleveland fans were celebrating last night was because of the fact that LeBron decided not to say what he was going to do until he went on that idiotic 'The Decison'. No one here thought he'd leave because the city had so much invested in him emotionally. I even still have my LeBron jersey, and two shirts. I decided not to partcipate in the stupidity of fans around here that burned LeBron shirts, jerseys, caps, and figurines. I still have a LeBron framed photo a friend who is is a pro photographer took for me at the Q hanging on my wall. Unlike those fans, I'd rather remember what we had. I would rather remember how close I came to seeing a championship in my lifetime. SIGH....

LeBron just upset the fans by not telling us by what he planned to do. This forced Cavs owner Dan Gilbert into the waiting game for free agents. He couldn't do a damn thing until he knew what LeBron was going to do. LeBron was being quiet and not telling anyone anything about his plans for the 2010-11 season. That is why Cleveland fans were upset, plus we have not had a championship since the 1964 Cleveland Browns. We came close in the 1997 World Series with the Indians but blew it in the 9th inning of game seven, went to the finals in '07 and lost to the Spurs four games to nil, and haven't been back.

The reason Cleveland fans celebrated was because alot of us are still stung by how he acted. And LeBron's comments after the game last night has feuled some tempers around here that fans don't matter. Fans are the ones that pay for the games and pay for the merchandise of the players and teams. Cleveland fans are very loyal to their teams and when someone we looked up to deserts us just to win instead of trying to win in Cleveland, it stings. I STILL think ESPN wanted LeBron out of Cleveland... and yeah, I noticed how biased they were aganist Dallas last night. That was sickening. I thought that ESPN clearly wanted LeBron to win and not Dallas.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Football I agree has more dynamic when they are playing. Problem is there is _way_ too much time between plays to hold my attention.

It's ok at a bar with some friends.. but can't watch it on TV at home. Even in the background. Just not enough happening.
    I play fantasy football with friends now. It actually does make football more exciting and really does get you to watch games you normally wouldn't watch just to watch "your" players.

Last season I was pretty much "Give the damn ball to Frank Gore idiot, he barely runs it anymore!"

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    That is why Cleveland fans were upset, plus we have not had a championship since the 1964 Cleveland Browns. We came close in the 1997 World Series with the Indians but blew it in the 9th inning of game seven, went to the finals in '07 and lost to the Spurs four games to nil, and haven't been back.

WildThing121675
    So the fans in Cleveland because they were relying on Lebron to give them a champion team, which is exactly what Lebron has struggled for the whole time he's been in the NBA. That said I don't get why the fans decide they can't support there team as much when they are losing, The king's fans in my area do that all the time. Thankfully I hate the kings out of all of basketball, just because I can. Its great!