Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This thread is dedicated to Batman.

Default This thread is dedicated to Batman.

BATMAN!!!

So as I wait for the final hours to tick by for the midnight showing I will be attending, I did a little work on my joker costume for the evening.

What do you think?

I'll put my review of the movie up later. I just wanted to show off my work for now.

EDIT:

For those that are wondering, I found all the clothing for the costume at Goodwill for a grand total of 20$, my hair was done with a simple texture agent and hair dye, and the scarring on my cheeks with super glue.

As for the movie itself: **************SPOILERS******

GO SEE IT! It has easily taken the top of my favorite movie of all time. Not only is it a comic book movie, where a good guy beats a bad guy up, but we see a fascinating sandbox, for lack of a better word, of human emotions and values play out on the screen. Would you kill one man to save a hospital? Would you destroy a ferry filled with people to save your own skin? How far would you go to stop a madman? What is truly fair? This movie has elevated the standard for any comic book movie, no, every action movie from now on. This makes all previous attempts obsolete, and any further attempts will bear its mark.

Acting wise, solid. Heath Ledger dominates the screen, but he does not act, he almost seems to be taken by some cosmic crazy clown deity as he giggles and kills across the screen. All the talk of him getting an Oscar is true, he derserves such an award. Kudos also to Morgan Freeman, who really is the counterpoint of the Joker in the film, as tech wizard Mr. Fox. In a world filled with gray, Fox is the only moral compass throughout the whole movie, artfully done.

So go see the movie, but pay attention to the previews in the beginning.

they've making a Watchmen movie!!!! If you know what I'm talking about, join me in a geek-gasm, if you don't know what I am talking about, GO GET THE GRAPHIC NOVEL "THE WATCHMEN" NOW!!!!!
    Last edited by BabyMullet; 19-Jul-2008 at 00:02.

Countdown

I think you look scary.

EmeraldsAndLime

Why so serious?

That's one of the best cosplay pics I seen. How long did that take and did you buy the clothes just to dress up like the joker?

The movie was incredible, but I really want to punch you for dressing up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    The movie was incredible, but I really want to punch you for dressing up right now.
    Oh, let's put a smile on that face

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Looks pretty good. The movie should be awesome.
    According to my son who got to attend a special showing yesterday, it was AWESOME! Now the rest of us can't wait to see it.

~Pramrider

W-w-Watchman movie.... *Squeeeeeeeee...*

I loved the movie too... it was awesome... What will they put in a sequel though? What would be a good villain? Would it be possible to add Robin without it being sucky and ruining the seriousness...

I'm gonna show you a magic trick... I'm gonna make this pencil disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysika View Post
    W-w-Watchman movie.... *Squeeeeeeeee...*

I loved the movie too... it was awesome... What will they put in a sequel though? What would be a good villain? Would it be possible to add Robin without it being sucky and ruining the seriousness...

I'm gonna show you a magic trick... I'm gonna make this pencil disappear...
    Robins out because he's gay.

I think they should just tput in Spiderman and The Thing as villains. They all live in the same city, right? And throw in Jessica Alba just for good measure.