Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking of.....

Default thinking of.....

Putting some pics in the gallery. Just wondering if this has ever backfired for anyone when they have??

Common sense is the name of the game. Just observe the same rules of discretion that you would on any other website.

I wouldn't recommend showing your face or any easily identifiable markings: generally visible tattoos, unique knick-knacks people could identify as yours, things that would hint of where the picture was taken, and so on.

However, it's all about your comfort level. Revealing your identity on here isn't illegal and a lot of people have, but if those in a position to hire/fire you see it, there may be an unfortunate consequence. I'm not saying that's right, but that's how it seems to be from some tales I've heard on here.

As for the actual members of ADISC, I haven't heard of anything bad happening, like stalking or what not, if that's your concern.

Still, though, bottom line: discretion. Think it through. ^_^

There was the whole redtails incident... but that was a loooooooong time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    There was the whole redtails incident... but that was a loooooooong time ago.
    I'm sorry, but could you enlighten me as to what this is referring to? My curiosity is getting the best of me.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I'm sorry, but could you enlighten me as to what this is referring to? My curiosity is getting the best of me.
    It was before I joined, like THAT long ago.

From what I understand, Redtails was a VIP, so he had access to all the galleries, so he saved some pictures of a member, who was one of the few girls, and posted them online.
    At least, that's what I think happened. It was a long, long time ago.

If you plan on releasing photos of yourself just be aware that once they leave your computer and go up on the web there is nothing you can do to remove the data from the web. These sorts of images can influence your chances of employment or dis employment depending on who finds them.

While I think there is a great deal of information you can give away and still be safe from reasonable suspicion once pictures surface they are one of the hardest things to explain away. I think the only potentially safe picture you could get away with are pictures from Halloween, because you might be able to explain them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    It was before I joined, like THAT long ago.

From what I understand, Redtails was a VIP, so he had access to all the galleries, so he saved some pictures of a member, who was one of the few girls, and posted them online.
    At least, that's what I think happened. It was a long, long time ago.
    Actually kiddo. It was like 4 girls in the VIP gallery. One of those girls was under the age of 18... and then he posted them on fapchan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    Actually kiddo. It was like 4 girls in the VIP gallery. One of those girls was under the age of 18... and then he posted them on fapchan.
    I was sort of right... they got the gist of things. D:<