Thread: A movie remake project

Lightbulb A movie remake project

I'm wanting to do a shot-for-shot remake of The Beatles film "Help!" (NO FLAMES PLEASE!) I really don't know if it'll ever get done or not, but I'm going to try and do it. I'm going to be Ringo Starr (The Drummer.) in it.
    So that's all I have to say for now!

Do you have a sizable budget? Do you have a good team? Are you planning on selling this (requires licensing, costs $$$($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) +/- sponsor/publisher/whoever)? How much special effects/video animation are you going to use? Is your team experienced enough to make it look good?

These, and many other questions need to be considered before embarking on this venture. Most people who do stuff like this have a relatively good idea of not only what they want, but what they need. You need to plan this out by making a very detailed script. I'm not trying to belittle you (in fact, you should see if you can do this by trying), but reality can catch up quickly. Be careful, if you think you might in over your head, you probably are.

If that's seriously all you have so far that's not coming close to finishing as a good video. I suspect you only want to do this to become famous since in the age of technology that's all you ever really hear and see. Thus suggesting that it's far easy to do and takes 0% luck.

With that you can come to a conclusion like this. (hopefully without the pissed off part, which is understandable)

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of this project? Is this just to practice your film techniques? Or are you hoping to screen this to an audience?

I become reminded of the shot-for-shot remake of Psycho, which gained criticism simply because it was shot-for-shot with nothing new to offer. So I'm assuming you're just doing this fun; otherwise it won't gain a lot of attention.