Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrifying Dreams.

Unhappy Horrifying Dreams.

So, I've been having really horrifying dreams, and I'm not sure why.

For example, the other night, I had a dream that I was kidnapped by someone dear and close to me. We'll just call her D. She drugged me, and when I woke up, I was tied down. Then someone else who is also dear and close to me, we'll call her R, stormed into the room with a gun and was threatening to shoot D. There was this whole conversation of why or why not to shoot her, and eventually it ended up that R shot a hole in the wall, right next to my face. I woke up shaking, and I can't get the images out of my head.

There have been more dreams similar to this recently, and I'm not sure what to do. I really don't want to keep having them, and I know that dreams aren't really controllable, but is there anything I could do? I really don't like waking up shaking or screaming.

I experienced trauma when I was around the age of 4, but I see no reason why that would suddenly and randomly affect me now.

Any ideas? :/

Butterfly Mage

Maybe something happened to you lately that triggered a subconscious memory to begin to surface.

I wish I had vivid dreams. Mine are wisps of though and not real full bodied ideas.

I world say that the most likly explanation is that you had a bad dream.

Seriously, don't think about it too much, it's just a dream. When I was your age (God, I feel old saying that), I had a recurring nightmare about being attacked and slowly torn apart by a giant wolf. And you know how I solved that fear? My mother and I went to a local refuge called Wolf's Hollow, where I could see them for myself and face my fear.

Butterfly Mage

I developed a magical working that has been effective against nightmares going on eight months now. Of course, whether it's because it's a magic spell that works or because it's a ritual that tells my subconscious mind not to have nightmares is sort of not important to me. That it works is good enough.

Dreams are associated with thoughts in your mind.

I was sexually abused as a child and had traumatic dreams for several years, it wasn't until I accepted it the dreams went away.

Perhaps its to do with stress, an incident you have lately seen or a traumatic past as a 4 year old. You must have something on your mind.

Please quote me if I'm wrong, I don't have much knowledge of this subject.

Sorry I didn't reply to this for a while. I've been really busy with school and then I was gone for a long time on a trip.

I do have a lot of things on my mind, but, they're not really anything I can get rid of by just deciding not to think about them. The dreams are occurring less often now, but they're still there and they still scare me. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Maybe something happened to you lately that triggered a subconscious memory to begin to surface.
    I doubt that's as likely as the brain just screwing around with itself. Considering I've had well over 12 dreams in my lifetime where i'm attacked by about 15 foot tall spiders. Plus my best friends grandpa tried to kill me in a dream for no reason.

I'm not saying your wrong, just that it seems unlikely.

Bad dreams are kind of like accidents imo... they rarely happen and more often than not you don't want them.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to try and get rid of them? I realize that sounds a little bit stupid because dreams are a part of the subconscious, but I've heard of people doing certain things to get rid of them before that worked. I just don't remember what.