Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother Nature's Phases... a Y2K12 theory

Default Mother Nature's Phases... a Y2K12 theory

One of my hobbies is theory and analysis. With some of my freetime since I stopped working, I've been doing a lot of reading about history and thinking.

This is a theory on my mind right now. With all that has gone on with Mother Nature recently including the Haiti earthquake, the Japan earthquake and Tsunami, the tornadoes in the southern states of the US, the volcanoes and everything else has got me thinking about several things.

First off, this is just Mother Nature going through her phases. She's done this before in the past. If one were to review their history they would see my point. In the 1800s, early 1900s, there were massive earthquakes and volcanoes like there are now. However, with the Y2K12 kooks as I call them- some people are going to think it's the end of the world.

Sorry, but I think the 2012ers are NUTS. The end of the world isn't coming, it's just going through a change. Humanity will survive well into the future.

If one were to look into the past they'll see what I'm seeing. The Earth is going through a change. It's happened in the past and will continue to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if a major disaster on a larger scale than Katrina happened in the US before the end of this year or next year. I'm not sure what kind of disaster but I kind of expect it. Shit, it could even be Mt. St. Helens or another volcano on the west coast.

Even where I live, we've seen weird weather this year. More rain than I've seen before and an endless spring until recently.

Just look at history. Review it the way I have. However, you're going to have idiots thinking that Y2K12 is real because of all this. It amazes me how dumb some people can be. Personally, I think the whole 2012 is end of the world thing is crap. It's bull. However, some people will use this, the US presidential election and other excuses to prove their point. That's what scares me about this; the capitalization on fear and fearmongering.

Me, I just think it's just the Earth going through changes. With all the human adances I sometimes wonder if some people forget their past. People fear the future, and sometimes I think the Y2K12 thing is that. People are afraid of the future. That's just my thought on some things. In my spare time, I've been working on a larger theory and analysis.

Just wondering what others might think of this theory.

WildThing121675

Well I don't like to think of it as 'mother nature' doing it. Nature is not a person. And what's going on is more than natural cycles. We may well be going trough some of those cyclical changes, seismic activity increases and decreases over time, but it's accelerated by global warming. The weather is acting weird all over the world. A few days ago countries in Europe declared it a draught. On a day it rained. That should tell you something. It's raining in the wrong place at the wrong time. They recently adjusted predictions about how much the sea level will have risen by the end of the century.

2012 kooks are nuts, but to deny global warming at this point is just as nuts, imo. What scares me is the length people will go trough and the ridiculous theories (like 2012 and conspiracies) they'll make up to not have to face up to reality.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the world will be going through global cooldown soon after global warming and the phases will proceed to trade off back and forth after that. Now, granted, like most processes which occur on earth it will be very gradual and slow making it seem like it's going to last forever, but I don't think this is the case. Global warming may be occuring but just be patient; there's not much you can do about it anyway without radically changing the environment. In some cases change can be for the better, but humans have a tendency to screw up nature when we get involved. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    Well I don't like to think of it as 'mother nature' doing it. Nature is not a person. And what's going on is more than natural cycles. We may well be going trough some of those cyclical changes, seismic activity increases and decreases over time, but it's accelerated by global warming. The weather is acting weird all over the world. A few days ago countries in Europe declared it a draught. On a day it rained. That should tell you something. It's raining in the wrong place at the wrong time. They recently adjusted predictions about how much the sea level will have risen by the end of the century.

2012 kooks are nuts, but to deny global warming at this point is just as nuts, imo. What scares me is the length people will go trough and the ridiculous theories (like 2012 and conspiracies) they'll make up to not have to face up to reality.
    While I agree that humans have caused the earths' temperature to rise based on our output of toxic gas into the atmosphere, I don't believe that it caused any of the previous natural disasters the OP has talked about.

Do I have any proof? Of course not, but as he said, these phenomenon have been happening for millennia, show me something that would dictate these recent events aren't a continuation of what's been happening since the dawn of time.

well, just the sheer amount and scale of what's happening. There are more natural disasters, more draughts, more floods, and it's not a gradual process either, it's moving very fast, way too fast too be just natural. Of course greenhouse gasses are not gonna cause earthquakes, that's implausible. Quakes and such may be just caused by one of those cycles, and tsunamis are nothing new either. The more threatening problem is draught and floods, and when the flow of warm and cold in the oceans starts to change. They recently adjusted their projections for how much sea level would rise in this century, again. Look at how much deserts have grown in the last 70 years and how much forests have dwindled. I'm no green hippie, far from it, but if you deny that what's going on is too big to be just natural, you're not looking at the numbers.

I don't think it's that there are more natural disasters but that more people are affected by them these days. In the past there were fewer people and the media wasn't everywhere and it would take time for the news to spread internationally so it may have seemed like less people were affected. If more people are closer to areas prone to natural disasters then naturally more people will be affected. Also cost cutting in building in certain countries mean more people are going to die because of human "error" than due to the actual disaster itself.

We are not the cause of global warming or any related natural disaster therein. We have however greatly sped up the process by many magnitudes which makes us no less responsible for all these events. Compared to past events, this climate change may seem slow to us, but really it is progressing many times faster than similar events before.

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    well, just the sheer amount and scale of what's happening. There are more natural disasters, more draughts, more floods, and it's not a gradual process either, it's moving very fast, way too fast too be just natural.
    Considering that humans have been recording natural events, weather, etc for well less then 300 years. I find it ignorant anyone has the balls to say what exactly is natural and that we as humans are the direct cause of it. Once again I think it's a good idea to show this video.

Personally I trusted this guy a whole lot more then Al Gore. He din't try to scare me into seeing his show, he din't try to get me to vote for him (not that I was able to vote for Al Gore if I wanted to, due to age restrictions.) Plus he never pushed legislation to ban people from selling incandescent light blubs.

I did not take Global Warming into my theory. My theory comes from reading alot about history and studying past events. In the 1800s, there were severe volcanic eruptions that disrupted weather patterns world wide. Worst was 1816. Here is some information on it-

Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With all that has happened, one does think, especially with the timing of things. Some people will blame it on 2012. Me, I just think the events I mentioned previously are just part of things. However, radiation was not around at the time of the previous disasters, nor were other mankind inventions which could make things a lot worse. Case in point Japan's recent disasters.

I do not see 2012 as the end of the world, just a chance things that have happened in the past could happen again. That's all, I'm just seeing a lot of patterns and I study patterns. It's just the damn timing and how some people take the 2012 thing seriously like they did with the Y2K thing back in 1999. Only good thing out of that was the Family Guy episode, 'Da Boom!' and a cheesy NBC Y2K disaster movie that had me laughing my ass off. I remember last year or two years ago someone here saying they were building a shelter for 2012.

Perhaps I should write a full, indepth theory on this... Maybe even get it published or something... hmmm. Just a thought right now.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I did not take Global Warming into my theory.
    If your talking about my post mine was directed only at LoFiCopter.