Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Camouflage...

Default Diaper Camouflage...

Here's the situation.

I wear diapers for both personal and utilitarian reasons. I don't diaper 24/7 unless it is for personal gratification which is not that common.

But I do like to diaper while at work, which is 8 hours a day. But only if I know that I'm gonna be stuck at my desk like a vegetable doing programming for hours on end. I wear many different hats at my job and sometimes I have to be out on the floor around all my other co-workers.

At home I don't need to hide the fact that I'm wearing, but at work I want a decent level of discreetness. At first I did it on a whim to see if I could get away with it, psychological thrill... And then I realized how much more I could get done if I could just whiz a little in a diaper until I was comfortable again and continue working.

Currently what I have been doing is wearing those horrendous store-bought Depends. I didn't realize how inferior they are until I got some Tena samples. The Depends were easy as hell to conceal with loose fit jeans and t-shirts. I wear an ESD smock as I work in an ESD sensitive area, which only comes down to halfway above my butt. I may only wet three or four times in eight hours, and I simply know better than to drop deuce at work.

Alternatively I will wear the "bondage" style pants the skater-punk kids will wear. Which is appropriate as I am a former surfer, punk, alternative kind of guy. These are great because the chains rattle anytime you move, impossible to pick up any rustle from a diaper underneath them. It's great cover, but I can't wear them every day.

My problem is that I got some decent diapers. I aquired some Tena "Uber-X Nights", not sure what the actual name for them is, samples from the pharmacy, tried them out and they'll take a full bladder and then some more. Which is great! The Depends were borderline after two "relief" wettings, and I'd have to change at lunch time which isn't easy to pull off without detection. I'm really going to punish those suckers this weekend to see what they can handle. But I digress.

My main issue with the Tena is that they start out about the same thickness as the Depends, but you get them wet and they start to bulk up real fast. Concealment is now more of an issue. I was expecting today to be programming like a goob again, but got pulled out to the floor to do some RMA work. I noticed today that I walk a little different with the Tena's as opposed to the Depends. But I don't think anyone else was picking up on it. If they did I don't think "Oh, he's wearing diapers!" was what they were thinking.

How do you guys manage wearing really bulky ones like the Abena X-Pluses on a daily basis?

My goal: One diaper a day for 8 hours, with moderate profile, able to take 4-5 small to medium wettings over the course of those hours. The "Maximum Absorbency" Depends don't cut it.

Any suggestions or further contributions on how to conceal being diapered, how to execute a covert diaper change at work, etc., would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance.

What about bike shorts? Those may help, I have no personal experience with this stuff. I use the Walgreens Fitted Briefs, they work very well, but I do not suggest wetting while laying down. I think they are really comfortable. They have leak guards, plastic cover, damn good for what I paid.

But the difference with me, is I can hold it for 12+ hours (on a regular school drinking schedule, I have like a gallon of apple juice a day on the weekends).

I have heard that you can change while standing up, it doesn't work for me.

If you're planning to sit in a wet diaper for more than half an hour, you will want to drink a LOT, otherwise it will stink a lot.

I'm sure the Walgreens Fitted Briefs will hold 2-3 very large wettings.

Definitely try the Bike shorts though...

~gwizzy

Well, I wear abris every day at work. I don't really have to move much though, luckily. I work in a call centre, so I only walk to get there and leave, and for lunch and breaks. I suggest any kind of regular underwear over it, preferably one that isn't too tight that it holds it to you, but tight enough that it gives the diaper shape. Baggy pants is a must, and tripp pants and stuff like that work pretty well if you can get away with it where you work (I'm not so lucky). A huge, dare I say HUGE factor is a belt - every diapered girl, guy, or animal needs a belt. Pull up your underwear past the diaper and make the belt tight enough that it holds everything snug. Some people wear semi-snug onesies. Also, the way you actually put on the diaper helps too. I suggest you try to get it nice and snug, but not too tight you make yourself red, but not too loose that you have a crack between you and the diaper if you turn a certain way. A good tip for diapering is to tape the bottom tabs diagonally up a little bit, and the top ones diagonally down a little bit, too make it nice and snug. It should crinkle a lot less. For bulge really the only thing you can do is wear baggy pants or longer shirts or jackets that go past half-way down your butt (depending on the time of year). Hopefully that helps. Good luck.

PS: And remember - the key is "snug"...Always not too tight and not too loose.

Darkfinn

I actually don't do much of anything to conceal my diapered state at work. I wear baggy pants and a loose/long t-shirt... that's pretty much it. I have been wearing Attends during the daytime... but I've recently discovered that the Dry 24/7s feel just as comfortable and hold twice as much. The only real downside to them is bulk... they do a good job of "filling out" the back of my pants... especially when wet.

Call me bold or crazy if you like... but I honestly don't care too much if people here find out. I don't think I'd get into any trouble over it... and I'm alone for 90% of the day anyways... so there is noone to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I actually don't do much of anything to conceal my diapered state at work. I wear baggy pants and a loose/long t-shirt... that's pretty much it. I have been wearing Attends during the daytime... but I've recently discovered that the Dry 24/7s feel just as comfortable and hold twice as much. The only real downside to them is bulk... they do a good job of "filling out" the back of my pants... especially when wet.

Call me bold or crazy if you like... but I honestly don't care too much if people here find out. I don't think I'd get into any trouble over it... and I'm alone for 90% of the day anyways... so there is noone to bother.
    This is true - you don't have to conceal it, but it sounded like they were looking for tips on how to. I know people know, but it's not like I'm going to not make it a little bit less noticeable, within reason, for privacy reasons. Heck, I have a couple of friends who come over - they see my diapers and my bed. They know I wear them. I still feel awkward changing where they can hear me.

In order to conceal my diaper, I have been buying my pants in a larger size. With jeans I make sure they are relaxed fit, and for dress pants I get them with pleats and the flexible waist. I always try my pants on at the store and check myself in the mirror before I buy them.

Wearing underwear over your diaper helps keep noise down. I have sometimes made sure I had lots of change in my pocket and or even a plastic bag if I know I am going to be in a real quiet place.

As far as changing, every place is different so what works for one person may not work for another. I have worked in places that I was able to close my door and lock it long enough to change and then others I would have to do it in the bathrooms. If I have to change in a bathroom, I try to hold off as long as I can and try doing it when there is less people around. I haven't been able to master the sitting down and change part so I have to stand in order to put a fresh diaper on. When I know it's going to be hard to change, I really cut back on my fluid intake so that my diaper could hold out till I got to a private bathroom either at home or a gas station on the way home.

Hope this and all the other advise given here will help you.

I have been wearing diapers for many many years. I prefer cloth but wear plastic when I am out in the public most of the times. I have never been concerned about anyone noticing me wearing diapers as I have been wearing so long that I have plenty of doctors to back me up in support of me wearing diapers. Catheters are dangerous and have been known to cause rectal cancer. So diapers are safer. While working at the library my co-worker complained to my nasty boss that I was wearing diapers and he was offended. My nasty boss questioned me about thisand I said I didn't think it was any of her business. But yes I wore diapers because of the illnesses that I had when younger. I have doctors who were willing to back my need to do so and if she had any further problems about this she could refer to these doctors.. Also if she had any thing else to say about it I would sue her for descrimination towards handicap people. And that was that. I then to John and tod him to keep his mind on his own problems and off of mine.

Thanks for all your replies.

I tried using a belt today and that seemed to help some. Thanks!

I've been wearing medium Tena Super's. I pushed it farther than I thought I could today. I wet like 7 times at, and at the end of the day when I got home I cleared my bladder in them. I didn't hold back one bit and it didn't leak once. Not even when I sat down on the toilet.

The belt didn't really help conceal, but I didn't have to worry about my pants drifting down. Which is an improvement. The only difference between me just wearing pants and wearing the diaper under my jeans is that the front bulges ever so slightly.

I think it's just my perception but it certainly FEELS like it's really obvious that I'm wearing a diaper. Not that I wouldn't mind in other circumstances. Perhaps I just need to break my "Give-A-Damn" some more...

Quote Originally Posted by Felstorm View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.

I tried using a belt today and that seemed to help some. Thanks!

I've been wearing medium Tena Super's. I pushed it farther than I thought I could today. I wet like 7 times at, and at the end of the day when I got home I cleared my bladder in them. I didn't hold back one bit and it didn't leak once. Not even when I sat down on the toilet.

The belt didn't really help conceal, but I didn't have to worry about my pants drifting down. Which is an improvement. The only difference between me just wearing pants and wearing the diaper under my jeans is that the front bulges ever so slightly.

I think it's just my perception but it certainly FEELS like it's really obvious that I'm wearing a diaper. Not that I wouldn't mind in other circumstances. Perhaps I just need to break my "Give-A-Damn" some more...
    As for the belt, it helps to keep the top part of the diaper hidden. As I said, pull your underwear up so it's past the diaper, and use the belt to hold it there. Noone will see it that way. I mean like the top part of the rise of the diaper that might stick out the top if you bend over or something. It also muffles the sound of the top part of the diaper so it doesn't make as much noise. Abris seem to do that on the part right above the top tape, so the crunch at the top is almost gone with the combination underwear/belt system. And what works for me may not work for you. I can only suggest things and only after experimentation will you know what works for you and what doesn't. Some methods work better for some brands than others even. Good luck.

Darkfinn

Belts are definately a good thing. They keep baggy low-rise jeans in place very well.