Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Latest South Park

Catperson

Default The Latest South Park

So for those of you who saw tonight's South Park... what do you make of the ending? My mom and I were watching it... she suggested that maybe the writers were trying to make a metaphor for themselves getting tired and repetitive. Now, sadly my Tivo always cuts off the last minute or so (it cut out right when Stan sees a duck on the sidewalk), so if it turns out they wrapped everything up you can disregard this thread.

Obviously that episode right there isn't going to be the series finale, so there must be some kind of part 2 to Stan moving away. But my mom could be right... the show has been on for 10 years...

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I kinda thought the whole season so far was shit, asides for this episode... damn it. <_>
    (if anyone's seen tonight's episode, they would understand. :P )

Also heres what happened. (not that you can't see it on south park studios or hulu at some point within a week.)

Catperson

I gotta disagree with you about this season, I think it's hilarious.

"Size doesn't matter. What really matters... is ((Length x Width)/Girth) X angle/diameter... or, your T.M.I.!"

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post

"Size doesn't matter. What really matters... is ((Length x Width)/Girth) X angle/diameter... or, your T.M.I.!"
    LOL when I saw that episode I was laughing soo hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post

My problem isn't with south park not being funny. But a lot of their episodes have good points to them. Like "Something Wal-mart comes this way." Episodes where you can walk away with more then just laughs you'll forget about by next week.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 11-Jun-2011 at 01:01.

I love this season so far personally lol. Especially the one about Butters' many "personalities."

I think South park started going downhill around season 11(which ofcourse had alot of awsome episodes like the Imaginationland trilogy, Le Petite Tourette, Cartman Sucks, The Snuke and some shitty episodes like Lice capades, more crap,D-yikes)

when season 12 was over I thought thats it, it will probably soon be cancelled because I have never seen a season with so many bad episodes, or that the creators where going through some personal shit and thats why the season was terrible because then with season 13 they started to get better again. Until season 15... I mean sure it was better than season 12 but it really wasnt that good.

I wonder whats the problem, if they are getting tired of the show(even if they take such huge breaks between every seventh episode) or as I stated before if they are going through something personal. Or if they have more writers to the show who are just well bad.
    When the South Park creators got more rights to the show I think thats when they also could have started to decline in the humor of the episodes, maybe they have like to much work for them to handle.
    Its kind of sad because I have been following the show since it started on tv and I was just like what 7-8 years old? So when they finaly stop the show its going to be quite emotional!

I still love the show. South Park will always be special, but I don't expect it to surprise me anymore..by now I am really looking forward to what else Matt and Trey can come up with.

I thought it was great. Most of the episodes have a moment or two that I find amusing, but the latest episode had me laughing from the beginning to the end.

I've been watching South Park ever since it came on back in '97. Some friends and I would get drunk, watch South Park and laugh our asses off. Keep in mind, when that show came out I was 21-so go figure. I also used to record South Park to tape every night it aired when I was working at that time. I think the show has gone downhill, but it has it's hits and misses. The Fishsticks joke one was one of the better ones in the past few years. The Human Centipede one was a bit creepy for someone who has yet to see the movie and finds horror movies predictable and lame-

At least it's a bit better than Simpsons have been in the past few years. Don't get me started on that one as I still can't believe that show has been on since '89- Earlier with the shorts on Tracy Ullman. I was in middle school at that time and I still have the Bart Simpson shirt I got as I left the middle school from a teacher.

As for this week's South Park, I have it on my DVR and if my power doesn't go out, as we're expecting some storms here.

WildThing121675