Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is random.

Default This is random.

In the bible it say's if 2 men sleep together it's an abomination *sp?*

Now what about 2 women sleeping together? Doesnt say anything about that now does it?

Sorry I just thought of that, and had to share lol

Hate to burst your bubble but...

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

This is straight from the NIV version. Sounds to me like they were doing just about every thing but
    "normal" sex and God didn't like any of it.

Btw, I'm not prejudiced against homosexuals at all. He asked what the Bible says, and I quoted it straight from Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but...

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

This is straight from the NIV version. Sounds to me like they were doing just about every thing but
    "normal" sex and God didn't like any of it.

Btw, I'm not prejudiced against homosexuals at all. He asked what the Bible says, and I quoted it straight from Romans.
    Damn you tosh.0~! They said that's what it said in the bible >.<!

One wonders what the connotations and implications of the original Greek are . . .

Broadly speaking, that homosexual acts are one symptom of a substantially larger issue. Read back a couple of verses further and you'll see what the Bible says it is.

Artie

Catperson

The Bible contradicts itself every other page, and it has historically been warped for personal gain or justification. This is why I'm not religious...

I am both a practicing Catholic and a homosexual, and in my perception the scripture within the Bible is more of an interpretative value rather than understanding it word for word and respecting it as so. The Bible deems both acts of homosexual sex and acts of sodomy as a sin, so in laymens terms but implicitly lesbian sex is also condemned. The reason that such is not mentioned in the Bible is due to the fact that the Old Testament in its historical pretexts labels women as less than men, more towards the level of property. As a result of the role of a woman in that, there must be implicit meaning in which women would not even have the right to request for sex.

I apologize if any of my personal comments and beliefs are either wrong or inaccurate, or if I cause any intense religious debate, but I have to give out my two cents and answer the kid's question.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyArtie View Post
    Broadly speaking, that homosexual acts are one symptom of a substantially larger issue. Read back a couple of verses further and you'll see what the Bible says it is.
    English NIV translation, reads that way, yes. The wasn't really the question; the question was, does the Classical Greek text (in which Romans was originally written) read the same, and with the same cultural implications and connotations applied to every word used, and in the contexts in which said words are used?

As a relevant aside, what's the English word corresponding to the German Schadenfreude? Latin lebes? The French dépaysement?
    Last edited by Traemo; 09-Jun-2011 at 18:32. Reason: correctiong tag

TennisPlayerBlake

If anyone takes the bible literally then fact would definitely prove them wrong. This being said, I am a Methodist and see the bible more as metaphorical. And a lot of things said in the old testament aren't what even some of the most devout Christians believe. The new testament was a new beginning, and is what separates the Christian Bible from the Jewish Bible. It says in the old testament that it is a sin to have a tattoo, so why did my camp councelor 5 years ago have a tattoo of a cross, which is endorsing Christianity? My point is to not take the bible too literally... Especially not the old testament. We all know the world wasn't created in 7 days.

Do we? Are you sure? If God is the all powerful being the Bible says he is... And I believe that he is... then I think he could easily create the world in 7 days if that's what he wanted to do!