Thread: Iphone History?

Default Iphone History?

Hey guys, quick question. I just got the new iphone for Verizon and i'm worried about going on say adisc on the iphone history because it may show up some place that my dad can see. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance and sorry for the short post, but it's pretty self explanatory.

Unless you and your dad are sharing the same phone, when and how would he look at the iPhone history?

Quote Originally Posted by xxThatGuyxx View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I just got the new iphone for Verizon and i'm worried about going on say adisc on the iphone history because it may show up some place that my dad can see. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance and sorry for the short post, but it's pretty self explanatory.
    Safari is pretty simple to clear, one thing I would watch out for is the YouTube app. It keeps a history of your watched videos and will also open to your most recently watched video as well.

If you are worried about adisc specifically coming up in Safari, I would suggest you download the tapatalk forum app. It's much better than using mobile Safari and gives you better access to all the features of the forum and the interface is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by xxThatGuyxx View Post
    If you're just using the browser on Wifi, the stuff that's already been said will be enough, if you're using your cellular data he may be able to if the parental controls are enabled on your line.

Oh, and one thing to consider about the Tapatalk suggestion: It is always unencrypted, even if your settings are set to force encryption on the board as Tapatalk does not work with https connections at all.

Sorry i ment more on the bill. Like could he see if i visited a site? I'm already aware of how to clear it from the phone itself.
    Last edited by ThatOneGuy95; 06-Jun-2011 at 20:04. Reason: typo

Like I said, if parental controls are enabled on your line, he may be able to (unless things have changed, it's dependent on the exact settings chosen) but that only records things viewed via the cellular data network, not Wifi

So if i use it on wifi i'm safe is what your saying? Haha i don't want to go on some abdl site and then i get busted that way lol

If you jailbreak your phone you'll be able to have private browsing. Also the upcoming iOS 5 software update will have that feature