Thread: Harry Potter group

Default Harry Potter group

Just let you know that I just created Harry Potter group on here. I was surprised there wasn't any on here! I am aware there are few fans out on here... but not too sure who to invite though. If you are fan, feel free to join the group.

Of course, needless to say, I am very excited for Hp7 Part 2 to come out next month. Unfortunately, I am also sad since it's the ending, and for sure I will cry during some point of the movie. =P

Joining! I too am excited for this movie. It will officially mark the end of an era and something my generation can identify growing up with.

In my personal order from best to worst of the books and movies. ( since they are NOT the same in quality.)

Books:
    5 (order of the phenoix)
    3 (prisonor of Azkban)
    4 (goblet of fire)
    7(deathly hallows)
    2(chamber of secrets)
    1 (stone)
    6 (half blood prince. Merly because nothing shocking ever happens. Dumbbledore had to die as all mentors do.)

movies:
    7 (for now, still got to wait on part 2.)

My favorite book of the series was by far the worst of the movies. They removed all or nearly every side story when they never had to. The director was intentionally making it the shortest harry potter movie ever, when it's based off the longest harry potter book ever and the most well written one at that.

DRUS

I don't think I could rank Number 1&2 in the same category as the rest. There just... different, in their atmosphere and experience. They're lighthearted and make you feel like a kid in a magic candy store(well, maybe not 2...) the rest are also great, but in a very diffrent way. They're more... dark. Which isin't a bad thing, just different.

(Really close between 4 and 5)
    (This is books)

And for 1&2? 1 beats 2, by a long shot.
    Last edited by DRUS; 06-Jun-2011 at 08:22. Reason: Forgot my rankings!

Quote Originally Posted by DRUS View Post
    I don't think I could rank Number 1&2 in the same category as the rest. There just... different, in their atmosphere and experience. They're lighthearted and make you feel like a kid in a magic candy store(well, maybe not 2...) the rest are also great, but in a very diffrent way. They're more... dark. Which isin't a bad thing, just different.

(Really close between 4 and 5)
    (This is books)

And for 1&2? 1 beats 2, by a long shot.
    books and movies 1 and 2 are designed to make you care about the people, introductions to the wizarding world, etc. That way the books down the line can kill off people in every following book.

Fire2box, I'm quite surprised #5 is your favorite book. Most fans regard it as the worst; myself included. It ought to be called Harry Potter and The Adolescent Mood Swings IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Fire2box, I'm quite surprised #5 is your favorite book. Most fans regard it as the worst; myself included. It ought to be called Harry Potter and The Adolescent Mood Swings IN CAPITAL LETTERS!
    Harry is around 15 in that book. Wizard's are still human's and going trough puberty. Plus Harry Potter had good reason to be pissed off trough out the whole damn book.

1. Voldemort was coming back and no one expect a few at Hogwarts believed him.
    2. dumbledore was removed from the school. Replaced by a woman who literary tortures Harry, takes quidditch away, gives special treatment to the house of slltheriran, Fires professor tralaian (however that woman's name is spelled) who is sent off the campus crying in tears.
    3. Snape admitting he doesn't like harry potter to harry directly and showing that he doesn't like helping harry.
    4. Ron's dad get's bitten by a posion snake.
    6. Harry see's Nevil Longbottom's parents insanity first hand at the hospital that was cause by Belltrix cruses that will never wear off.
    7. Harry's godfather Serius Black is killed by his own cousin.

I think these are all understandable reason to be pissed right the hell off.