Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Is More Than An Introduction In An Introduction Sub-Forum...

Default This Is More Than An Introduction In An Introduction Sub-Forum...

This Is The Inception Of My Time In ADISC.

Haha, I just really wanted to use the word Inception and have a different title that stuck out. So if you're reading this, I've totally suckered you in!

So Hi! My forum name is MilesPrower, based on the infamous character Tails from the Sonic The Hedgehog series. As much as I'd like to say that I really am Miles "Tails" Prower, I'm not (don't leave yet!). I couldn't possibly deal with all the heavy hearts that would have been affected by the false statement.

As a secondary school student who is about to graduate in less than a month (yay!) and head off to university in four months from now, it is clear that new beginnings are on the way. While some absolutely appreciate and miss high school dearly (like I probably will soon), I just think that it's time to move on after four years of such restraint and unexcitement. But don't let my words spoil the views of those who are in it already, as it is what you make of it! After all, were it not for the amount of time and thought I had because of high-school, I would not have realized that I have a bittersweet passion for writing and burning desire for law, which should hopefully have a serious impact on what I'm taking for next year.

While I'd like to go on about more personal aspects about myself, it is an introduction, and I have probably made this long enough as it is without even scratching the surface. Just know that I'm really passive and understanding of what little I know about this community, and I'm really not interested in hooking up. I'm still really uncomfortable and uncertain with myself in the *BDL community, and through these forums I attempt to seek reassurance and through further understanding of myself, this community, and where I will hopefully stand in it. Oh, and I wouldn't mind making a few friends while I'm at it.

So yeah, I like to read, I really like to write, and I have written a few *BDL pieces that I may patch up and place in the forums, although some of them go unfinished. While I do plan to study law hardcore, I also game. Hardcore. Not MLG, but gaming is to me as knitting is to a knitter. Yep, real descriptive, I know. It's fairly recreational and my performance is based on my mood and the people I play with, but it does bring out both the best and worst in me. My favourite game is by far Sonic Adventure 2, for, well... obvious reasons. There is just something that draws me to the Sonic franchise that I cannot even conjure up a single statement on why I love it so much, yet I give myself a thousand reasons on what's really not to love. I guess that's an answer all in itself.

Anyways, let's try to bring it back. I plan to make a positive difference in myself and in this community through being open, honest, and understanding with and of the members that I interact with, and gain a better understanding of myself and this community. I plan to bring my supportive self to the forum, applying opinion, insight and relative information wherever it is needed. As much as I'd like to create and re-post my works to such a large community, I'm not totally comfortable... yet! I'll get around to it, just you wait! If you made it this far without skipping it all, congrats! I'm pretty much done with this inception. If you're interested in making a difference in my life, maybe even in yours, don't be afraid to message me! I might even message back...

My time is now, AIDSC! It is time to write the next chapter of my life, and you're in it for now!

Thanks!

Miles.

Wow Miles, what an amazingly verbose introduction. Welcome to ADISC! Could I ask that you use a font color that is more readable in the future? I had to highlight your text in order to have enough contrast to read it...

Hi Happy!

Thank you thank you! But no can do ; ). Cyan is such a great color! It also further challenges the reader to take a deeper look into the introduction, like you did! I hope I didn't come off as overly pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesPrower View Post

Haha, I just really wanted to use the word Inception and have a different title that stuck out. So if you're reading this, I've totally suckered you in!

Haha i already like this guy. Thats somethin id do.
    Well anyways welcome to adisc!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MilesPrower View Post
    Hi Happy!

Thank you thank you! But no can do ; ). Cyan is such a great color! It also further challenges the reader to take a deeper look into the introduction, like you did! I hope I didn't come off as overly pretentious.
    It didn't until you suggested it; until then it had merely been annoying and unreadable. Doing it on purpose... will earn you no favors and possible spankings.

So Hi! My forum name is MilesPrower, based on the infamous character Tails from the Sonic The Hedgehog series. As much as I'd like to say that I really am Miles "Tails" Prower, I'm not (don't leave yet!). I couldn't possibly deal with all the heavy hearts that would have been affected by the false statement.

As a secondary school student who is about to graduate in less than a month (yay!) and head off to university in four months from now, it is clear that new beginnings are on the way. While some absolutely appreciate and miss high school dearly (like I probably will soon), I just think that it's time to move on after four years of such restraint and unexcitement. But don't let my words spoil the views of those who are in it already, as it is what you make of it! After all, were it not for the amount of time and thought I had because of high-school, I would not have realized that I have a bittersweet passion for writing and burning desire for law, which should hopefully have a serious impact on what I'm taking for next year.

While I'd like to go on about more personal aspects about myself, it is an introduction, and I have probably made this long enough as it is without even scratching the surface. Just know that I'm really passive and understanding of what little I know about this community, and I'm really not interested in hooking up. I'm still really uncomfortable and uncertain with myself in the *BDL community, and through these forums I attempt to seek reassurance and through further understanding of myself, this community, and where I will hopefully stand in it. Oh, and I wouldn't mind making a few friends while I'm at it.

So yeah, I like to read, I really like to write, and I have written a few *BDL pieces that I may patch up and place in the forums, although some of them go unfinished. While I do plan to study law hardcore, I also game. Hardcore. Not MLG, but gaming is to me as knitting is to a knitter. Yep, real descriptive, I know. It's fairly recreational and my performance is based on my mood and the people I play with, but it does bring out both the best and worst in me. My favourite game is by far Sonic Adventure 2, for, well... obvious reasons. There is just something that draws me to the Sonic franchise that I cannot even conjure up a single statement on why I love it so much, yet I give myself a thousand reasons on what's really not to love. I guess that's an answer all in itself.

Anyways, let's try to bring it back. I plan to make a positive difference in myself and in this community through being open, honest, and understanding with and of the members that I interact with, and gain a better understanding of myself and this community. I plan to bring my supportive self to the forum, applying opinion, insight and relative information wherever it is needed. As much as I'd like to create and re-post my works to such a large community, I'm not totally comfortable... yet! I'll get around to it, just you wait! If you made it this far without skipping it all, congrats! I'm pretty much done with this inception. If you're interested in making a difference in my life, maybe even in yours, don't be afraid to message me! I might even message back...

My time is now, AIDSC! It is time to write the next chapter of my life, and you're in it for now!

Thanks!

EmLamby

Lol. I like you! Welcome to ADISC, home of teddy bears and ULTIMATE PAIN. >:I ~*happiness.*~

Great into... though, I would stick with black text from here on out.

Or perhaps one of these loverly colors.

Typing in flamboyant colors are actually a sure way to get ignored easily, or have your post TL;DR'd.

Regardless, welcome.

What do you like to read? I personally love fantasy and science fiction especially The Lord of The Rings + The Hobbit.