7 15.91%
  • Both - I'm a heretic!

8 18.18%
  • Neither - I'm a heretic!

10 22.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The great debate!

Default The great debate!

This is probably the single most inflammitory debate to ever come up in the last half-century.

It has divided many people, and it has made enemies out of those who would otherwise be friends.

And now, I am bringing it to ADISC, for better or for worse.

The poll is above. Vote away!

I like them both the same, and I don't really care for either. :/

Star Wars takes place in the past, in a galaxy far, far away. Star Trek takes places in this galaxy in the future. They could exist in the same universe, so it doesn't really matter.

As for what I like, I prefer Star Wars, solely because I just find Star Trek annoying. Never really appealed to me, and the few plotlines I have heard are just stupid.

i voted for star wars. george lucas is a genius. the series or what ever its called has always been interesting. the last couple movies havent been as visually appealing(too much computer generated graphics) but still hands down i like star wards more. i havent followed star trek much....i have watched a few episodes here and there. i liked it when patrick stewart played spock. scott bacula isnt too bad either but star trek doesnt have the same appeal.....good poll question.

Trek. 110 percent Trek.

Gene Roddenberry had a vision for the future, a future where humans have put their differences behind them and moved on as a people, a very idealistic future. Trek, under Roddenberry's guidance, was cerebral. I can't say the same for Rick Berman, who bent the franchise over and did... Things... to it in the name of money (namely DS9 and Voyager, and a few really really really awful movies), but Roddenberry's Trek lived up to his original pitch of "A Wagon Train to the Stars".

Star Wars is little more than a space fantasy shoot-'em-up, and George Lucas proved himself to be an incompetent hack with Episodes 1, 2, and 3. Empire and Jedi are at least watchable because Lucas didn't direct them himself. The real first one (A New Hope) was entertaining, but honestly, it's a bad movie. Entertaining, but still bad.

EmLamby

GO TREK

My dad got me into it. o.o it's fun to have a fanboy for a dad, actually. lol

Fuck Star wars, fuck Star Trek. Stargate is where it's fucking at. List fucking Stargate!!!

Also, for proof of stargate awesomeness I submit this. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...equestria.html

Yep stargate got sent to Equestrida from Friendship is Magic. Game, Set, Match.

Hmmm...going with Trek, if only because I grew up watching TNG with my dad and always had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Trek. 110 percent Trek.

Gene Roddenberry had a vision for the future, a future where humans have put their differences behind them and moved on as a people, a very idealistic future. Trek, under Roddenberry's guidance, was cerebral. I can't say the same for Rick Berman, who bent the franchise over and did... Things... to it in the name of money (namely DS9 and Voyager, and a few really really really awful movies), but Roddenberry's Trek lived up to his original pitch of "A Wagon Train to the Stars".

Star Wars is little more than a space fantasy shoot-'em-up, and George Lucas proved himself to be an incompetent hack with Episodes 1, 2, and 3. Empire and Jedi are at least watchable because Lucas didn't direct them himself. The real first one (A New Hope) was entertaining, but honestly, it's a bad movie. Entertaining, but still bad.
    omg i want to put laxatives in your coffee for saying such horrible things about star wars....lol just kidding but seriously many people are just as die hard about star wars and feel the same way you do about star trek being boring and hardly watchable...

im not die hard. i have felt more entertained by star wars and love the wookies and chewbacca...my daughter makes this sound the is very similar to the sounds chewy makes...so she earned the nickname chewy...lol

on another note: 900 posts yay for me....does that mean im getting old....nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!