Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Work Grievances Thread

Default Work Grievances Thread

Go ahead, get it all out.

I'll start.

I CAN'T DO A GOD****ED THING ABOUT THE GAS PRICES OK?! STOP WHINING, I KNOW THEY SUCK.

NO I CANNOT LEND YOU A ****ED QUARTER, IF I HAD MONEY TO SPARE I WOULDN'T BE WORKING IN THIS ****HOLE.

YES CIGARETTES ARE EXPENSIVE, YOU CAN COMPENSATE BY oh I dunno NOT SMOKING.

USE THE SLUSHIE CUPS FOR THE SLUSHIE MACHINE, AND NO A 44OZ SLUSHIE IS NOT 95 CENTS.

"I can't" Means JUST THAT: either I don't know how or I'm not allowed. SO SHUT UP.

Yes, we're out of cookies, no I won't bake you more.

If you don't have your card and i card you, YOU CAN'T BUY IT. DEAL. IT'S THE LAW. Remember your ID and make both our lives easier.

No you cannot pay me the difference later. If you don;t have enough money YOU CAN'T ****ING BUY IT. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

a 99c item is not always 99c. IT'S CALLED SALES TAX. LEARN IT.

Yes our sales tax went up. I don't like it either. SHUT UP.

[I work at a gas station/convenience store/deli)

Hmmm a convenience store worker less than 100% happy at work. How odd.

Hey all Minnesotans: tomorrow, rant at a convenience store worker (as though the high prices are their fault; that's a classic!! )

If I ask whether you want a regular or large item you only have those two choices, regular OR large, so stop asking for medium! MEDIUM DOES NOT EXIST. IF YOU ASK FOR A MEDIUM I'LL GIVE YOU A DAMN LARGE TO SCAM YOUR ASS PAYING MORE MONEY THAN YOU SHOULD.

Your ever ''witty'', never been done before jokes about how ludicriously expensive the refreshment stand is at the cinema are no more funny than they were the millionth time I heard them.

No I will not fill your extra large 'pop' cup with slush.

Saying "Oh, don't be shy." or "Fill it right up, go on son." does not inspire generosity, infact it makes you sound like a pillock.

Believe it or not hot food has to be cooked, don't act so surprised when I tell you that you may have to wait a few minutes.

I have a wonderful feature on my till, it's called a timer, I know exactly how long you've been waiting, so don't be complaining at me saying you've been standing there ''20'' minutes when your ass is too impatient after 2.

I am the one working so I should know when either the coffee machine is busted or whether we're out of stock, so when you ask me to check again or 'if I'm sure?' it makes me want to dive over the desk and kick you in the face, of course I'm sure!

No, I'm not your ''mate'' I don't know you.

Put your credit card in the till I'm blatantly standing infront of, not the one closest to you for the sake of not having to move a few feet.

When one of the game machines has a blank screen, isn't flashing or doing much of anything that means it is turned 'off' so don't put your damn money in it and act surprised when nothing happens, dumbass.

Don't let your kids order, it isn't cute, it just wastes my time.

When I'm wearing a uniform, stood infront of a till, behind the staff only desk yes, shockingly, that means I do work here.

I'm paid to work. I can't stand there and have a lengthy conversation with you about the movie you just saw, sorry, I'll get in trouble. Don't be insulted if I politely excuse myself.

To balance it out:

Thank you customers who smile and genuinely give me as much respect as I do to you. You make my bleak day a little brighter.

Thank you customers who help me wipe up your own mess rather than ignorantly walk away as if nothing happened.

Thank you customers who thoughtfully ask whether I can throw your waste in the bin rather than you throwing it on the desk and walking away.

Thank you customers who give me a tip, which I'm afraid I can't keep but it's the thought that counts.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 15-Jul-2008 at 08:57.

I am not paid to be your god damn waiter. If I'm out in the dining room with a bus cart, clearing off dirty tables, and not so much as talk to any other customer at an occupied one. Guess what? That means I'm in that dining room to clean F***ing dirty tables, not stand at your table and take your dirty plates that your too snobby to have pushed off to the side out of your way.

And either acting "casual" and nudging a dirty plate to the edge of your table as I'm passing, doesn't make my job easier, and isn't cute. It just publicly shows how much you're used to people bird feeding you everything in life, so doing something yourself seems like a f***ing stretch.

The above mentioned things are also 10 times worse, when we're slam packed, and I have to clear off table after table for people, because there's nowhere to sit. Meaning: I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO CATER AND WAIT ON YOU BASTARDS WHO ALREADY HAVE A TABLE AND ARE EATING, BECAUSE THESE OTHER FINE CUSTOMERS DO NOT HAVE A TABLE AT ALL.

Also, your damn kids leave the tables in better condition then 90% of you friggin adults. What? You forget how you were friggin raised or something, prick?

And no, I will not work for you again, you lazy ass. Not only do you take off 2-3 days a week, when you work 5 days, but you also treat your best friend like crap when you do it, because he's the main one having to pick up your extra slack.

Also, I'll be damned if I let you two go all f***ing lazy ass on me again, and do 2 prep items on FRIDAY, leaving me with EVERY SINGLE F***ING THING TO DO ON SATURDAY. Complaing that "I" don't do shit, doesnt do anything in the end but amplify how you're just trying to shift the responsibility of your actions on someone else. You're adults, even though one of you doesn't have even the slightest respect for the seriousness of a well paying job. I'm about to go in today, and I'm leaving when I'm done with prep. F*** you, F*** your god damn laptop your saving up for because mommy and daddy buy you everything.

P.S.

I also know we need a particular prep item. IT'S LITERALLY ON MY F***ING PREP LIST. I KNOW WE'RE OUT, WE'RE OUT OF ALOT OF THINGS, MEANING WE'RE GOING TO BE OUT OF SOMETHING FOR THE MOMENT BECAUSE I'M ONLY ONE PERSON. IT'S PRETTY MUCH UNAVOIDABLE.

/rant

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    <snip>

Also, your damn kids leave the tables in better condition then 90% of you friggin adults. What? You forget how you were friggin raised or something, prick?
    I know what you mean. I used to work in a restaurant and every Sunday the church people would bring their snot-nosed kids to Crispers to eat lunch. They let their kids run around and throw crackers on the floor and do all kinds of stupid sh*t. Mab, I'm glad I don't work there anymore.

OMFG! If the goddamn government would let me work more than 20 hours in one week, I could actually study more and do better in school.

Either pay me more than $6.50, or let me work, damn, 25 hours even.

Now I have to get aNOTHER job where I'll get maaaybe $6, and work another 10+ hours at THAT job.

It would work better if I could more at one job, and not worry about scheduling TWO jobs, AND school, AND study time.

Do they really think a college student can live on $500 a ****ing month? Not like they care, they are on salary and can work whenever they ****ing want. >_<

I too hate customers at work .

Of course, a lot of the problems I have with customers stem from having incompetent coworkers who would probably break down in tears if they had to deal with the shit that I inevitably get because they can't do simple tasks.

Where I live we have these asswipes we vehemently call "lakers" who drive down and live in their 2 million dollar summer lake homes so they can feel like they are "roughing it" or some dumb shit like that. I call them asswipes because they probably do hire someone to wipe their ass, or maybe not, because I'm pretty sure they think their shit doesn't stink. They've been used to being spoon-fed their entire lives and it's disgusting how much money these people waste and what they expect. It's all I can do to keep from killing them, and I mean that seriously.

I don't hate rich people, I'm not even jealous of them. I hate people who have no common sense, who have just inherited wealth and live off it with no appreciation for what they have.

HOW THE **** DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO USE A DRIVE THROUGH. WHERE I WORK IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER ****ING PLACE, ITS A GODDAMN DRIVETHROUGH YOU STOP AT THE ****ING MENU BOARD BEFORE YOU PULL UP THE CASHIERS AND SINCE MY BOSS WONT HIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE IM FORCED TO DO EVERY DAMN JOB IN THE BUILDING MEANING I CANT ALWAYS BE THERE AND I DONT FEEL SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO WAIT AN EXTRA FIVE MINUTES BECAUSE NOBODY NOTICED YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO ****ING STUPID TO PULL UP AT THE GODDAMN MENU BOARD LIKE YOU DO AT EVERY ****ING PLACE IN THE UNITED STATES

Yeeesh....you've all convinced me! If I ever want a little part time job for some extra money after I retire, it DEFINITELY won't be in the restaurant/fast food/convenience store areas.

Yeah, both our kids work in retail stores and are always telling us about the really senseless things customers do and say. Makes you sometimes wonder about people, doesn't it?

~Pramrider

I'd also like to extend a thanks to the good customers.

Those who smile at me and treat me like an actual person.

Those who realize that we all make mistakes and I didn't not ring up your coffee on purpose, I honestly couldn't see it.

To those customers that can take a joke or carry on a conversation, however short it may be.

More Ranting:

No, I can't let you return something unless I have proof you bought it. Store policy. I also can't return it without a manager. Deal. You probably didn't buy it here anyway.

DON'T ****ING COUNT YOUR PENNIES AT THE COUNTER. YOU HOLD UP THE LINE AND PISS ME AND EVERYONE ELSE OFF. GO TO THE BANK AND COME BACK WITH REAL MONEY.

Yes, you might have to wait a bit for change when you buy $8 worth of crap woth a hundred dollar bill. We're not a bank.

If you don't want to put up with people, retail is not for you, if you don't want to work holidays and weekends transportation is out also.

It's tough trying to make somekind of an income and go to school, but we all seem to have to do it, that is the only kind of job you can get these days, that gives you time for school and work.

I pumped gas all thru highschool, and just made enough money to keep my car on the road.

I don't know how you could own a car and not work these days, everything is so dam expensive.