Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paci in public (at a rave)

Smile Paci in public (at a rave)

So I was at Detroit Electronic Music Festival over the weekend. I was sucking my binky like 1/4 the ravers there.

This guy walked up to me and said 'Get that out of your mouth. How old are you?!'
    I replied "This many," and held up 3 fingers. The friends I was with thought it was funny (they don't know I'm an AB).

teamaster

That guy was rude.I think if I ever go to a race, I might go in a diaper and I may bring a paci if I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
    So I was at Detroit Electronic Music Festival over the weekend. I was sucking my binky like 1/4 the ravers there.

This guy walked up to me and said 'Get that out of your mouth. How old are you?!'
    I replied "This many," and held up 3 fingers. The friends I was with thought it was funny (they don't know I'm an AB).
    I've always wondered: what does the pacifier add to the rave experience? How does it differ from the feelings you get when you're in AB mode?

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I've always wondered: what does the pacifier add to the rave experience? How does it differ from the feelings you get when you're in AB mode?
    The paci is so you don't grind your teeth while you're rolling. I wasn't rolling though. For me, it's an oral fixation. Part of the time I'm sucking it, the other part I'm holding it with my hand while it's in my mouth kinda chewing on it.

I find myself constantly clenching my teeth together, probably from stress. The paci stops me from biting hard so I don't get a sore jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Some ravers do use drugs durring raves, including ecstasy. One of it's side effect is to cause teeth to grind, so some ecstasy users use pacifiers to prevent dental damage. So pacifiers are associated to rave culture through it's association with ecstasy. It's also why bringing an adult sized paci through a security check can make you appear suspicious D:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Some ravers do use drugs durring raves, including ecstasy. One of it's side effect is to cause teeth to grind, so some ecstasy users use pacifiers to prevent dental damage. So pacifiers are associated to rave culture through it's association with ecstasy. It's also why bringing an adult sized paci through a security check can make you appear suspicious D:

Sent from my iPhone
    I would also add that gum is hard to keep in your mouth while dancing, that's why it's the preferred alternative to those who 'roll' to prevent oral damage from the resulting grinding. IMO, I think a lot of Nuk 5 retailers do business with the raver clientele, probably their second biggest market. Pacifiers with clips are very functional, and not to mention the ultimate hipster/raver accessoire.

Aside from that pacis are just really damn cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    I've done the whole rave culture thing but I'd go to a big event and just enjoy myself and all the others with their paci's without the drugs.

When I was raving a several years back I found the fact that the pacifier was more comforting than anything over the fact it helped with bruxism (griding).

Effects of drugs are the same in this: I tryed a lot of things, but the cocain provocated the same. Heroin move emotions, but Im 13 years free of that shit. Drugs are bad, and the ecstasy and another fast substancies are the worst. Give you 10 and cut 30. Better to no use it.

ive been wanting to go to a rave so i could use my paci without people thinking too much of it. i didnt even know they had raves in the detroit area... -_-