Thread: Longboard crash

Default Longboard crash

So yesterday I was longboarding and my friend was supposed to be my "Brake" on his bike. Bit I went to grab his back pack I said "don't move" but he heard move and pulled off the sidewalk.

So I was left picking up speed going down this sidewalks Down a mountain. But I couldnt see around a corner that was fast closing, and he couldnt at that point catch up on the bike, so I bailed going about 30mph.

I rolled and skidded, but I hit my upper hip on the right side really hard I think? After the crash I just saw stars and was dazed, but he said I didn't hit my head.

Now I'm awake, tried walking to the bathroom and could barely do it, my hip is killing me! It's not bruised just scraped up, but is very painful to touch!

Did I fracture my hip is what I was wondering?

You might have cracked/broken ribs or something - I can't believe you'd be able to stand on a broken hip. In any case, better safe than sorry: when in doubt, see a doctor!

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    You might have cracked/broken ribs or something - I can't believe you'd be able to stand on a broken hip. In any case, better safe than sorry: when in doubt, see a doctor!

Sent from my iPhone
    Okay. I guess I'll do that.. Haha. Thanks

torn tissue? i was hiking in a gorge with no flashlights and my drunk friend slid off a rock then fell about 18 feet till he snaggd aa tree,he brused like a banana went to doc and found out he ripped muscles in his knee.better safe then sorry.

It could simply be a deep muscle bruising, you won't see that on the surface. That said, going from 30 to 0 isn't going to be a soft landing... it's quite possible you've fractured a rib or chipped the hip.

If it gets a lot worse over the next day or so, go see a doctor. If it starts to get better, you're probably going to be ok.