Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all bedwetters- How long do you wear them

Default For all bedwetters- How long do you wear them

For all of you who are bedwetters when you wake up in the morning do you change immediately or go to breakfast still in a wet diaper and then change later.

My rents have all sorts of rules like I have to shower and change immediately i get up and diapers are only to be worn in my room so once i change at night it means i either have to stay in my room or wait till Im just abou tto go to bed.

Anyone elses rents have rules re diapers

Stillnotdry...

I suggest having a SERIOUS CHAT with your parents... I don't know how old you are but those rules - especially the one where the diapers "confine" you to your room are just no good at all.. What's the idea?
    I mean for example - you wake up in the middle of the night and have to take a piss / dump... what then? are you supposed to stay in your room just because you're diapered? hello?

I was a bedwetter between 6 and 17/18 so a pretty long time.
    I developed my DL Side sometime during that time - so at first I hated diapers.
    Well that was not entirely true - when my parents tried to put me back in diapers I struggled deeply with the issue - I didn't want them. But I was "turned" by the second morning in diapers when I realized just how much better diapers were than the nasty nasty wet bed. From that point onward I steadily grew a little more "fond" of the security and comfort diapers offered.

to your question: when I used to wet the bed and had to go out (school) I usually would shower as quickly as possible and then put some clothes on and have breakfast ... on weekends / holidays I would usually wait till after breakfast, unless the diaper was too wet.
    My parents have called me lazy a few times because of this, but I guess they thought I already had enough to deal with the genral problem "bedwetting" first hand - so they never gave me a hard time about bedwetting, diapers and stuff, they were most supporting.

My Parents don't have rules since I don't usually live with them (only during summer break) the rest of the time I spend in the dorm. However I do usually change out of them immediately in the morning. I don't really like the wet cold feeling, and I don't want to announce to my whole dorm that I have them so it was easiest to wear only in my room at night and to change in the morning. Since my roommate was so understanding and supportive she never cares. When I am at home I don't usually wear in front of my parents either, they know I have problems with wetting the bed, but they just got me a plastic sheet, they don't really know about my diaper wearing so its less awkward on everyone for me to just keep it private.

If I wake up with a wet diaper (in the morning or in the middle of the night), I shower and change immediately.

I wore cloth diapers until good disposables were available. My mother taught me that I had to shower and change immediately, even if it was the middle of the night. Otherwise, you get irritation (or worse, rash) and your skin smells even after you clean up.

It's not as necessary with good disposables. Most of the time, I don't even know I've wet until I take the diaper off in the morning. But there's no point in keeping on a wet diaper.

Other than exhibitionism or going to the toilet during the night, why would a bedwetter wear a diaper out of bed? Your parents' request that you not slap them in the face with your diaper-wearing seems perfectly reasonable.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I suggest having a SERIOUS CHAT with your parents... I don't know how old you are but those rules - especially the one where the diapers "confine" you to your room are just no good at all.. What's the idea?
    I mean for example - you wake up in the middle of the night and have to take a piss / dump... what then? are you supposed to stay in your room just because you're diapered? hello?
    Hello to you too?! I would say hold fire until all the relevant facts are in. Attitudes can and will change with circumstances, ie;
    1/ Are there younger siblings in the household who may not understand that this particular potential topic of conversation is not for public consumption?
    2/ Some households have an open door policy with family / close neighbours, does this apply here?
    3/ Are the 'rents' conservative in their attitude to dress code in general and not just diapers. Nuff said.

acorn,
    I don't know about you - but I grew up with the bedwetting issue - and locking someone in his room when he HAS TO WEAR Diapers, doesn't help...
    Having to wear diaper - which unlike what most here think, is humilitating and not really cool, so most bedwetters are already VERY VERY cautious about whom they let in on the issue.
    Conservative dress code or not - what good does a rule do like he can't leave his frickin' room with a diaper on... it suerly doesn't help to feel "ok" about the bedwetting.

I don't understand not being allowed outside the bedroom with a diaper on, if it is covered by something else and not visible to another person. Maybe a talk with the parents is in order. It seems a compromise can be reached.

When I am wet in the morning, I clean up and change right away. It is especially important for women, since female anatomy is more prone to bacterial infections if not kept clean.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post

Re-read my post, you are going off on a tangent to what I said. What you blatantly ignored is;

1/ Are there younger siblings in the household who may not understand that this particular potential topic of conversation is not for public consumption?
    2/ Some households have an open door policy with family / close neighbours, does this apply here?
    The OP is not locked in his room, he is being asked not to wear diapers outside his room and beyond their intended purpose. His stated issue is nocturnal enuresis and his ‘rents’ are insisting that his diaper wearing is for that time and purpose only. If he is exposed as a diaper wearer to anybody outside his immediate family and good friends, it will certainly not help his self esteem (I think on this, we can both agree). It is unfair to expect his family to go through a lock-down at home (their home too, I might add) from dusk to dawn because he likes to waltz around the house wearing a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJammies View Post
    ….bacterial infections if not kept clean.
    Marks out of ten, for catching something we both neglected to see.

acorn,
    first the OP did never state that he "likes to waltz around the house in just a diaper"... I'm guessing you are not a bedwetter, acorn, are you? or never have been one? Even if you happen to like diapers, 99% of the bedwetters WANT TO KEEP THE ISSUE PRIVATE.
    Also the OP never claimed that his parents (please stop using that silly "rents" thing typing two more letters wont hurt) operate some sort of "open house" or such a thing....
    So you're actually going out on a limb, making wild assumptions, getting quite OT to defend something which is quite bothering.
    Also re-read my answer, I igonerd your two other points simply because they are nothing but assumptions and you seem not to get that most bedwetters don't want their diapers/bedwetting to be public knowledge. actually most go to lengths to hide the issue as best as they can, obviously.

Anyhow - I was a bedwetter for a long time, and sometimes when I woke up at night, and not yet had wet or only slightly but for example was very thirsty / dry throat I went out of the room (of course with some PJ pants / large boxer briefs & shirt on) went to the kitchen had a glass of water and went back to bed... no need to undiaper, rediaper....
    sometimes I woke up and needed to go for No2. - I would hit the batrhoom, take off the diaper there, conclude the "business" and rediaper... if I already had wet I would clean myself up in the bathroom and put on a fresh diaper in my room.
    For over 10 years (year 6-17/18) not ONCE someone figured out I was a bedwetter - unless I told someone.

What bothers me about the OPs Parents "ways" is that Rules like those don't help to support a bedwetting teen (which is embarrassing enough to most)... they seem to be a lot like "out of sight = problem solved" and that simply should not be the deal.
    Again, I neither know how old you are nor how old the OP is, I don't know if you ever had that issue yourself (bedwetting), but I'm going out on a limb here and guess that you never had to deal with this in your own life.
    I'm 31 btw.

Countdown

I don't understand why it's such a big issue. I'm sure a lot of parents don't like to see their child in a diaper, even if it's for medical reasons. It's comparable to underwear. Most parents don't feel comfortable with their teenage or adult son/daughter walking around the house in just their underwear. So, it seems to make perfect sense to me that there's a "no walking around the house in a diaper" rule. And it's not as though he's being locked in his room because of his bedwetting. If he wants to get out of his room, he can just take the diaper off, and then go around the house. Not exactly a big deal.

I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. His parents aren't being unsupportive of his bedwetting; it sounds like they just don't like to see their son walking around the house in just a diaper. And, tommygun, continually saying "I bet you never had bedwetting issues" doesn't make your opinion more credible. It's possible to have a rational discussion about a parent's approval of his/her child wearing diapers around the house, without having personally experienced a lack of bladder control while sleeping.

Just my two cents.