Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General gender roles in *B culture.

Default General gender roles in *B culture.

So after reading a poll here on what genders are on ADISC, it made me think about gender roles in our own little culture. This idea also stems from the fact that i do panels to raise awareness and teach counselors how to deal with LGBTQ youth. (If anyone has questions, please let me know!)

I mean, think about it, like anywhere else we seem to have a good mix of LGBTQ members and open minds. It makes me curious about what gender all of you want in an ideal partner to cub out/baby/regress with? What gender do you prefer to be or be called? Sissy's already act like girls, but it's mixed whether or not they wanna be called a little girl. What about tom-boys? If you're part of the masculine side of things, do you enjoy being called a little boy? This is interesting information!

Also, If you want a specific gender, would you like them to act into that role or be more androgynous?

To answer my own question and give an example, I REALLY enjoy being babied by a mother figure. I'm unsure as to why, but if a guess were to be gandered, i would say it's cus I've always been kinda a mama's girl. Also, since I'm transgendered, I like to think of it getting all the little things little girls got that I missed out on. I would love to have a "mommy" that teach's me how to use make-up and bake things and the such. But I wouldn't want her to be the traditional housewife, just someone I could follow and stay strong with.

i enjoy the term baby boy or little boy maybe because it seems to detract away masculinity. i also prefer the mother figure if only because i never knew my dad so i didnt know what i was missing...i lived with my mom till i was 6 and then missed her greatly all through foster care(6-17)

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

oh and if it means anything i consider my self to be a straight/heteroflexible male but one who is a lot more effeminate than most guys...

My wife calls me a little boy from time to time, probably because I am..haha. I like it.

My husband and I have a traditional breadwinner/homemaker marriage, and we don't switch gender when we regress. I am a toddler girl. He appears to act as a toddler boy, but without the baby talk I have a tendency to slip into. We are both switches, and each can play parent to the other. We'll change roles seamlessly and instantly, back and forth.

Ideal setup, I think.

When I ABDL play I'm usually non-gendered or I'm a tom-boy girl - I use the label sissy in my profile, but the classic sissy style of being ultra pink and frilly is just not really me. In my fantasy life I gender swap, but I get better at doing stereotypical "boy" things when I play a little girl. I also play a little older than most people probably do - more like Infant school age Infant school - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia than a real infant - if you're a precocious 4 1/2 year old in diapers you can complicate your gender a little more.
    In my adult "real" life 2/3 of my close friends are women, but they aren't really girly girls - we tease each other a bit about this stuff, like if I say something uncharacteristically manly they tell me I'm turning into a bloke ;-) As a whole, my gender is male - but not rigid or restricted, I can do "girly"/"women" things but when I do them they feel like completely normal man things to be doing, just cause I don't feel out of character doing them.
    Last edited by MsClara; 25-May-2011 at 23:20.

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJammies View Post
    My husband and I have a traditional breadwinner/homemaker marriage, and we don't switch gender when we regress. I am a toddler girl. He appears to act as a toddler boy, but without the baby talk I have a tendency to slip into. We are both switches, and each can play parent to the other. We'll change roles seamlessly and instantly, back and forth.

Ideal setup, I think.
    Sounds kinda like me and my Girlfriend. For some reason the outside world thinks all male AB's are sissies :/???
    When I am regressed I like to fall asleep to AC/DC and play with my monster trucks. :P

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    i enjoy the term baby boy or little boy maybe because it seems to detract away masculinity. i also prefer the mother figure if only because i never knew my dad so i didnt know what i was missing...i lived with my mom till i was 6 and then missed her greatly all through foster care(6-17)

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

oh and if it means anything i consider my self to be a straight/heteroflexible male but one who is a lot more effeminate than most guys...
    Which is, of course, adorable. I love caring for my little boy when he comes out to play and it's definitely less "masculine" then a big strong man. :P

As for the mother thing, It only makes sense really. Part of my issue was i had a mom but.. So many complicated things. By the way, I'm sorry for not responding to your PM, My account wont allow me to send them until i "level up".

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My wife calls me a little boy from time to time, probably because I am..haha. I like it.
    Exactly! Most little boys on here, i assume, would enjoy that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJammies View Post

Ideal setup, I think.
    Wow, that sounds alot like the relationship I'm in currently and my last one. We switch back and forth depending on the situation and who ever is feeling little or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    When I ABDL play I'm usually non-gendered or I'm a tom-boy girl - I use the label sissy in my profile, but the classic sissy style of being ultra pink and frilly is just not really me. In my fantasy life I gender swap, but I get better at doing stereotypical "boy" things when I play a little girl. I also play a little older than most people probably do - more like Infant school age Infant school - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia than a real infant - if you're a precocious 4 1/2 year old in diapers you can complicate your gender a little more.
    In my adult "real" life 2/3 of my close friends are women, but they aren't really girly girls - we tease each other a bit about this stuff, like if I say something uncharacteristically manly they tell me I'm turning into a bloke ;-) As a whole, my gender is male - but not rigid or restricted, I can do "girly"/"women" things but when I do them they feel like completely normal man things to be doing, just cause I don't feel out of character doing them.
    Honestly, I'm the same way about sissy stuff. I absolutely love adorable little girl outfits that look more like something a little girl would wear then a fetish dress. Plus some ruffles are itchy. >.<

I occasionally play into the toddler role but being about 1 1/2 is my regressed age. :3

and yes! I enjoy gender-queer people!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyJunction View Post
    Which is, of course, adorable. I love caring for my little boy when he comes out to play and it's definitely less "masculine" then a big strong man. :P

As for the mother thing, It only makes sense really. Part of my issue was i had a mom but.. So many complicated things. By the way, I'm sorry for not responding to your PM, My account wont allow me to send them until i "level up".
    no worries. you can always send me an email. it should be in my profile. on another note i have often wondered why men are seen as aggressive and overly masuline and why most men strive to be that way. my understanding is that is what women crave(not all woman) in a guy. what few guys who dont fit that mold are generally assumed to be gay...for a bit i thought i was gay and i have just come to the conclusion im a feminine straight guy. gender roles also have a lot to do with it.

Well, as I'm sure most of you know already, teenage years can be very confusing. It happens to everyone. At some points you can go on crazy hormone-fueled rants, and at others you lie in bed, thinking about that one special girl/boy. I'm not a fan of feeling like this, but I understand that it's something we all go through.

This topic, in fact, has been on my mind for a long time, ever since I accepted myself as the Sissy I am on the inside. Now as far as I know, I'm straight. I've never looked at a man and gotten "hard", and I definitely don't want to kiss a man -.-' I mean no disrespect to any homosexuals on the site; I'm just stating some facts. But my mind sometimes wanders to places I've never explored before. Being a Sissy, and slightly tranny, I feel that I want a strong, protective figure watching over me. Someone who can keep me safe during the long, long night. Someone who can wrap their arm around me and make me feel like everything's gonna be okay. Most people would think this is a man, and yes, I occasionally do as well. But I know for a fact that I love girls. For crying out loud, my ex girlfriend was the most important person in my life a month ago. But still...I don't know anymore. I have time to search through my feelings and explore my sexuality, but sometimes it just drives me insane. Who do I want to baby me? Am I gay? Am I straight?

So in summary, I don't know who my ideal gender role would be. I know that I'd want to be called a little girl either way, so I guess that's one mystery solved.

~Natsu

tbmoney

I totally agree with this, I like to play as a little boy, although I have never played with other people, I have an idea way on what I would like to do whenever I have the opprutunity to play with someone else, I would like to be a little boy to a mother, although I do not prefer to play as a little girl, I havent ruled that type of play out