Thread: It's been a long, long time...

Red face It's been a long, long time...

How has everyone been? It's Shu here - a lot of members that have joined forever ago probably remember me... it seems like there's a ton of members I don't recognize now, so I figured it would be appropriate to re-introduce myself here.

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to change my username on here, since I have updated my fursona! Her name is Cosmos, she's a blue/magenta Belgian tervuren and wolf mix. (See current avatar.) Her name comes from the fact that she was born from the stars and fell to Earth - no one knows where she really came from. As a babyfur, she's about 3 years old, and is cared for by Sun Spot - a scarlet and peach wolf that is also her mate when not a pup.

Let's see...what else is there to say? So much has happened since I've been active on here. I miss everyone! I finished my first year in college and I'm out for the summer - and what an adventure it's been! I'm going back in the fall, and still keeping my current major - early childhood and art education.

My dog of 6 years passed away a little over a year ago. It was quite a shock for my mother and I, as we still talk about him vividly every day. He was diagnosed with anemia and did not respond to treatment. We are in the process of looking and possibly adopting a shelter dog because our home is just too empty without a loving companion.

Okay, so now for the little details for those who don't know me:
    You can call me Cosmos. I'm a really open and accepting babyfur who loves to talk about nearly anything! I enjoy helping and giving advice to others and making friends. You could say my strong point is art - I highly enjoy drawing and listening to music. I am an animal lover and my dog inspired me to help and volunteer at the animal shelter to help my furry friends find their forever homes. (It sucks that I'm allergic to cats. ) Anyways, I find myself often in deep thought or simply daydreaming. Outside of the internet realm, I tend to be quiet and reserved in social situations, unless I'm with my tight friends. They know me inside and out and I wouldn't change it for the world.

And lastly, I'm a Pokemon fanatic. I got the White version recently and completed the entire Pokedex. I also play at TCG tournaments. If you get me going about this subject, it's hard for me to stop. :P

I joined this site a couple of years ago because I developed a fetish for diapers when I was much younger, and had no idea that there were others like me. It's nice to know we're not alone. I incorporated this fetish into my furry lifestyle - I enjoy roleplaying as my babyfursona.

If you wanna chat or have questions - go right ahead and drop me a line! I'm interested in your feedback.

-Cosmos

Welcome back
    To change your name you go into settings, edit profile.
    I maybe wrong though as I have recently changed my name and the option has been removed so I can't see it. But i seem to remember it being in there.
    So how did your first year go? What are you studying?

Hey there, re-welcome! I'm a newer member so I've not encountered you before, but it's nice to meet you!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, I hope it's not hit you too hard. I know the loss of a pet can be as hard as a loved one, so you have my deepest sympathies.

Based on your avi, art seems like a good major, it's a good picture!

I was a pokemon fanatic... but the last I played was red/blue/yellow... ooops!

Anyway, nice to meet you!

Welcome back, Shu Cosmos! I hope you remember me... It's great to see you back again! That said, though, I'm sorry to hear about your dog; you must have really loved him. My cat is getting old herself, and I can't bear to imagine what it will be like when she dies.

But back on topic, though, I'm happy to see you back, and I'm sure all of the other old people will be too. So, again, welcome back to ADISC! Stay a while, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBoy0397 View Post
    Welcome back
    To change your name you go into settings, edit profile.
    I maybe wrong though as I have recently changed my name and the option has been removed so I can't see it. But i seem to remember it being in there.
    So how did your first year go? What are you studying?
    Thanks, I changed it! My first year was a little crazy. I was actually expecting the freshman to be quite mature and quiet and well-mannered, like a huge step up from high school, and I sadly found out that this wasn't the case. I felt like I was in high school again, except living in a dorm room. Aside from that, class-wise, I had some really good professors...and the really bad ones as well. It's nice attending a private university because classrooms are generally small and communication is, for the most part, easier between student and professor compared to a larger state university that has huge lecture halls. Anyway, I'm currently studying early childhood/art education - I'd like to be an art teacher for elementary-aged kids someday.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Hey there, re-welcome! I'm a newer member so I've not encountered you before, but it's nice to meet you!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, I hope it's not hit you too hard. I know the loss of a pet can be as hard as a loved one, so you have my deepest sympathies.

Based on your avi, art seems like a good major, it's a good picture!

I was a pokemon fanatic... but the last I played was red/blue/yellow... ooops!

Anyway, nice to meet you!
    Hey, thanks! Nice to meet you as well. Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my avi. Yeah, my mom and I took the passing of our dog pretty hard, but were doing something good in his place - planning on adopting a shelter dog that needs someone that loves them like we loved Kayko. Anyway, thanks for the welcome I hope to see more of you around!

Quote Originally Posted by Antropov View Post
    Welcome back, Shu Cosmos! I hope you remember me... It's great to see you back again! That said, though, I'm sorry to hear about your dog; you must have really loved him. My cat is getting old herself, and I can't bear to imagine what it will be like when she dies.

But back on topic, though, I'm happy to see you back, and I'm sure all of the other old people will be too. So, again, welcome back to ADISC! Stay a while, will you?
    Of COURSE I remember you! It's great to see a familiar face around here. How have you been?? Anything exciting happen while I took a hiatus? :P
    And yes - my dog Kayko was like a member of the family to my mom and I. When he passed it was, and still is, an incredible loss for us. He was a spoiled furry little ball of love that had a great life. I'm sure your cat is living a great life with you as well! Pet loss is something that all owners usually experience and it's really quite hard...but it's better to not think about that moment and enjoy all the other wonderful moments with your friend while you have her

Anyways, thanks a lot hope to hear more from you soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    Of COURSE I remember you! It's great to see a familiar face around here.
    Hooray!!!

How have you been?? Anything exciting happen while I took a hiatus? :P
    Well, when I got caught by my parents and my DL life pretty much blew up, I had to ditch, too, so I wasn't around for everything. But they did institute a new leveling-up system here... That's about all I really know. Sorry! :P

And yes - my dog Kayko was like a member of the family to my mom and I. When he passed it was, and still is, an incredible loss for us. He was a spoiled furry little ball of love that had a great life. I'm sure your cat is living a great life with you as well! Pet loss is something that all owners usually experience and it's really quite hard...but it's better to not think about that moment and enjoy all the other wonderful moments with your friend while you have her
    That's all very true... Any pet owner knows that their little friend is going to die eventually, but owning pets is still more than worth it because of all the unconditional love and affection that they have for their owners, as well as all the joy they can bring.

Anyways, thanks a lot hope to hear more from you soon!!
    Of course! See you around!