Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing in pubic

Default Wearing in pubic

I'm going to hang out with a friend of mine this week. He wants me to wear a few of my new Abena X-pluses so I don't need to be changed while we are out all day. I have no problem with wearing them thicker, but I am unsure of what I could/should wear over them. Being a girl, all my shorts and jeans are tight and I doubt I could fit them over the diapers. I'm not sure if it'd be best to wear a miniskirt or what. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! <3

If you have a skirt/miniskirt with leggings, odds are you'll be fine. Or dark tights that won't show up the diaper. Don't bend over if you can help it though!

On an unrelated note, I notice you haven't made an introduction thread yet - would be awesome if you did, if you're planning to stick around - we like to get to know the person *inside* the diaper!

A *few*? He wants you to wear a *few*? A *one* is pretty big already. Eeyore had it right, wear something to cover, hope there's no pervs if you take the bus, and don't bend over.

I don't really have leggings, at least not dark ones... just my miniskirt. Well I have a long skirt, but it fits tightly around my waist, so i figured it would show the bulk... I'm just worried about people seeing my diapers, since the mini is pretty short...

I guess mini won't reveal unless it blows up on you? Or you bend over without thinking... That said, Abena are medical grade - so it won't look anything worse than an IC person. Maybe try both the skirt and mini on and see if it's noticeable? A bulge might not actually be very noticeable to a "normal" person...

If you're still worried, can you go without wearing? And Grizzy is right, I didn't notice - wearing a few???

TennisPlayerBlake

I agree with the above posters. Wearing a skirt and tights should make the diaper unnoticeable.

I guess wearing multiples partly because I won't need a change, and partly cause he thought it'd be cute. I have at times worn more absorbant ones like Bambino, and had them leak, cause I didn't realize I had gone so much, so it's also for my own safety if we are out a long time. I'll try both and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

I tried my miniskirt on with 3 depends and a booster (waiting for teh Abenas to come in the mail). My diaper shows only a very very small amount (the diapers are also wet). So yea...

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowKitten View Post
    I guess wearing multiples partly because I won't need a change, and partly cause he thought it'd be cute. I have at times worn more absorbant ones like Bambino, and had them leak, cause I didn't realize I had gone so much, so it's also for my own safety if we are out a long time. I'll try both and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

I tried my miniskirt on with 3 depends and a booster (waiting for teh Abenas to come in the mail). My diaper shows only a very very small amount (the diapers are also wet). So yea...
    Sounds like you might get away with the mini, maybe try the skirt too to compare?

That said, the Abena are a *lot* thicker... especially when wet. I'd also suggest that three abenas look no cuter than one abena... plus if you're in public, he shouldn't be able to tell that you are wearing - so it won't look cute anymore... all you will gain is a lot of thickness. Try an abena with a booster, it should last a long time!

Then again, if you are getting to the stage where a Bambino is leaking, either you are flooding an awful lot, or you're not really changing enough... In that sort of absorbency, you run the risk of painful rashes from being wet for too long. Is there any reason you don't want to change in public?

Hey Kitten,

Welcome here...

Why MULTIPLE Abenas? I don't really see the logic here ... I mean those things are amongst the most absorbent diapers out there... I wear these or tena maxi over night or on long car/airplane trips... and they will last me not easily through the night or through a day.
    Multiple diapers with slits in a few to let them pass the urine to the next layer will just make you rather uncomfortable when you're out and about (walking, doing stuff)... no matter if you wear a mini or slack-pants.. the diapers will just "force your legs" apart and make you walk oddly if you have them "too thick".

When I wear during the day I opt for thin diapers and change once in a while.
    That does two tricks for me: it's Comfortable and it's a lot more hygienic than spending 10+ hours in the same diaper.
    Over night this sometimes can't be avoided - but during the day, changing is easy.

Trying both sounds pretty good. As for changing in public, he can't really change me, don't knwo where he would. I'm just nervous/scared about being able to chang in public... I guess I'll just have to try things out in someway or another.