Thread: Looking for proper Nappies

Default Looking for proper Nappies

Well I'm Scottish, a 'Diaper' is American for 'Nappy'.

I would love to find out where I can buy a towel nappy + big safety pins, this is what I wore as a baby.
    Hope you can help me here, please post links.
    Thanks Kindly
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keefe View Post
    Well I'm Scottish, a 'Diaper' is American for 'Nappy'.
    ah, as previously revealed, diaper is the original english word

Quote Originally Posted by keefe View Post
    I would love to find out where I can buy a towel nappy + big safety pins, this is what I wore as a baby.
    your stats say that you're in Oz??? i can offer UK links for the stuff you require, but it's probably going to be easier and cheaper to buy your 'nappies' as bath towels/sheets and adapt, if needed.
    for the lighter stuff suitable for carriage, have a look at h++p://www.arizona.free-online.co.uk/ . the site isn't the best for navigating and hasn't changed in a long time, but they are legit. they do a 'bedwetting nappy' that is pretty good. they also have a cheapo plastic-pant that's quite nice for the senses, despite them being transparent. and they do the larger nappy-pins.
    quality pants can be had from h++p://www.home-n-dry.co.uk/, though it's best to phone them with your order as their site is pretty bad at taking orders.

if you go with my first suggestion of using bath towels, buy 'hotel grade' towelling as it's the thickest (and note that none of the inco nappy manufacturers use this grade) and, in towel form, only a few quid more than the standard grades.

My Dear Ade
    Many thanks for the very useful info you sent me, I will be checking out the links very soon
    I'm not interested in the disposable one's, I might try them someday, but I prefer the "Bedwetting" ones, nice and thick, plus would want to wet them too.
    Very Kind Regards
    Keith