Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your IQ?

Default What's your IQ?

I'm in the range of 146-149, depending on source and scale. It bugs me that I'm so close to 150 but below (yes, woe is me. I know).

What about everybody else? I know we have a lot of smart people around here.

I got it tested once and there were two scores. The average was around 115 I believe, above average but not too far.

Varies between 125 and 150 depending on the test!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

I simply can not believe how a test founded sometime around 1910 with a rating system like this:

Over 140 - Genius or almost genius
    120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
    110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
    90 - 109 - Average or normal intelligence
    80 - 89 - Dullness
    70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency in intelligence
    Under 70 - Feeble-mindedness

still finds any sort of value/use these days.

The test at best gives a momentary reading of a very specific set of logic skills and modern science at least has come far enough to recognize, that intelligence isn't a simple thing to measure / compare.

and the whole IQ braggin' crap is a bit like comparing penis-size.

IQ doesn't really measure much, mine's 142. It doesn't really say how smart I am at all. It's just crap to rate the population, to separate people.

I did on online one in a free lesson in high school many, many moons ago. It came back with 180-something...

The most interesting thing to come out of my test for me wasn't the final number, but how it was divided across different skillsets. That was pretty cool to see, as it did match up really well with what I was good and bad at in school and such. It mainly showed that i wasn't that smart at all, just really fast.

I actually took a legitimate IQ test once and scored a 134.

The problem is though, I'm smart, but I lack any common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I'm in the range of 146-149, depending on source and scale. It bugs me that I'm so close to 150 but below (yes, woe is me. I know).
    That would still put you in the 100th percentile - with a higher IQ than 99.95% of the population.

Anyway, I've never done a legitimate IQ test, and I have absolutely no trust in online IQ tests.

The problem is, once you've done one non-verbal reasoning test, you've done them all. When I applied for internships and graduate jobs, they all required a NVR test... no surprise that I got top marks on them all - I'd done all the questions on the stupid online IQ tests!

Also, it's really just a number. Unless I had a result below the average, I don't really care. Most of my friends are probably higher than me, and bragging rights really isn't worth it!