Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Race

Default 2012 Presidential Race

Which Republican candidate will win the nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by Taihaku View Post
    Why Republican only?
    Typically, the incumbent president wins his party's nomination without any serious competition. I would be very surprised if Obama did not win the Democratic nomination.

The Democrats are the incumbent party like the person said above me they are not really challenged and I am not sure on this but I do not think any Incumbent has been beaten in the primaries but I could be wrong.

Read the first post wrong, my bad.

I thought me meant the presidential election. Whoops.

Butterfly Mage

The GOP might go with a Sarah Palin / Fred Phelps ticket. That way they could unite "stupid", "Bible", "Homophobic", and "Pandering to White Trash" in one single ticket.

Hmm... I'm wondering if at this point, they go Romney/Pawlenty. That way they can have milquetoast with a side of crazy and pandering. Palin will run just to make the money off running, but she and 90 percent (that number is not meant to be a factual statement!) of the American people know that she stands less chance than a snowball in hell. Bachmann is just completely fucking wackadoodle crazy, so I'm looking forward to the sheer hilarity of her run. Newt's completely hosed, what with the divorces and the semi-intelligent statement against the Ryan budget and all, not to mention that the last time he was in an elected office his own party ran him the fuck out of town like a leper. Oh, then there's Rick Santorum, who'll never get anywhere if for no other reason than what one finds when they google Santorum.

But then, there's still time. Piyush Jindal or Chris Christie could still try to mount a run. Jindal's a non-starter, and Chris Christie's as dumb as he is fat.

Oh, I forgot about Ron Paul, everyone's favorite crazy libertarian with no perspective on reality whatsoever. If the party doesn't get him first, the voters will look at his ideas of a libertarian utopia and laugh him off the stage.

That said, my picks at the moment are either Romney or Pawlenty, and I seriously believe the possibility of a Romney/Pawlenty ticket is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    The GOP might go with a Sarah Palin / Fred Phelps ticket. That way they could unite "stupid", "Bible", "Homophobic", and "Pandering to White Trash" in one single ticket.
    I just want you to know Fred Phelps is a registered democrat and his bullshit is not welcomed. He has obviously taken the gay thing overboard however don't call all anti gay people homophobes. Just because the Republicans mostly disagree with gays does not mean they are bad people.

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Hmm... I'm wondering if at this point, they go Romney/Pawlenty. That way they can have milquetoast with a side of crazy and pandering. Palin will run just to make the money off running, but she and 90 percent (that number is not meant to be a factual statement!) of the American people know that she stands less chance than a snowball in hell. Bachmann is just completely fucking wackadoodle crazy, so I'm looking forward to the sheer hilarity of her run. Newt's completely hosed, what with the divorces and the semi-intelligent statement against the Ryan budget and all, not to mention that the last time he was in an elected office his own party ran him the fuck out of town like a leper. Oh, then there's Rick Santorum, who'll never get anywhere if for no other reason than what one finds when they google Santorum.

But then, there's still time. Piyush Jindal or Chris Christie could still try to mount a run. Jindal's a non-starter, and Chris Christie's as dumb as he is fat.

Oh, I forgot about Ron Paul, everyone's favorite crazy libertarian with no perspective on reality whatsoever. If the party doesn't get him first, the voters will look at his ideas of a libertarian utopia and laugh him off the stage.

That said, my picks at the moment are either Romney or Pawlenty, and I seriously believe the possibility of a Romney/Pawlenty ticket is good.
    What is sad about this is the democrats are so imcompotent that they do not even know what a real candidate looks like. This does not even deserve a response. However I will say a few things. Chris Christie has fixed a deficit that the liberals created in New Jersey and since when does it matter if someone is fat? Bachmann would be a much better candidate than Palin but then again anyone is better then the incompotent fuck head pussy that is in the white house now. We are a nation that needs a strong leader and who does not apologize for being an American and does the rights things. If you are going to talk about Republican candidates at least show some restraint. Also referring to older people as senile idiots is wrong and uncalled for. I am just going to say it is time for some real change in this country and President Obama has not done it so he needs to get out. I could start mocking all the democrat candidates but I will show some restraint and not do so. Please watch something other than CNN/NBC. This kind of talk is what is dividing this nation right now. The parties need to stop fighting with each other and compromise. It is time everyone in Washington does their jobs and represents this country in a great way.

Butterfly Mage

Davidgarcia: But... the definition of "homophobe" is being anti-gay. Think about it. If you dislike someone who has done nothing wrong, that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgarcia View Post

What is sad about this is the democrats are so imcompotent that they do not even know what a real candidate looks like. This does not even deserve a response. However I will say a few things. Chris Christie has fixed a deficit that the liberals created in New Jersey and since when does it matter if someone is fat? Bachmann would be a much better candidate than Palin but then again anyone is better then the incompotent fuck head pussy that is in the white house now. We are a nation that needs a strong leader and who does not apologize for being an American and does the rights things. If you are going to talk about Republican candidates at least show some restraint. Also referring to older people as senile idiots is wrong and uncalled for. I am just going to say it is time for some real change in this country and President Obama has not done it so he needs to get out. I could start mocking all the democrat candidates but I will show some restraint and not do so. Please watch something other than CNN/NBC. This kind of talk is what is dividing this nation right now. The parties need to stop fighting with each other and compromise. It is time everyone in Washington does their jobs and represents this country in a great way.
    I "lol'ed".

Anyways XbabyX is entitled to his views and all your doing is just belittling them. Trust me, I disagree with his political views too but talking down to them and then acting like you know whats best for everyone and everything is just plain wrong. Also calling the president "incompotent fuck head pussy" is honestly only something a uneducated person would even say. Also again I dislike obama to some extent but there's no need for name calling since it doesn't solve jackshit.

Also you spelled incompetent wrong.