Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Punishment

Default Punishment

I was wondering (and sorry I've been posting a TON of stuff since I joined.) Why is it that diaper punishment is such a turn on for so many, including myself? Like I love it in sort of an S&M type way! However, I've read about some people engaging in like "self-punishment" which frankly i don't understand. How do you enjoy punishment without a master figure or dom to administer it?

To anyone who enjoys diaper punishment in any context, please explain your desires with them and how you act on it, and what kind of pleasure if any it gives you. Additionally, please try to explain what made you realize you enjoyed this?

As for the self punishment, I assume that people imagine in their heads that they DO have a dom/master that is controlling their punishment.

I think it happens because people can have different associations with diapers. The assocation could be safe, secure, comfortable, being a baby again. But it could also be having to wear a diaper because you wet the bed or your pants. Then it's more about punishment and shame. I think people that are into diaper punishment have more experiences like the latter, and adult babies more of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    As for the self punishment, I assume that people imagine in their heads that they DO have a dom/master that is controlling their punishment.
    That's an interesting thought. By turning themselves into a sub a Dom figure forms in their head? Like as a woman might appear in a mans fantasies whilst he masturbates?

Quote Originally Posted by bighugeford View Post
    That's an interesting thought. By turning themselves into a sub a Dom figure forms in their head? Like as a woman might appear in a mans fantasies whilst he masturbates?
    Yeah, something like that. Alternatively, some might sort of "dom themselves" by setting up a series of requirements and goals for themselves, and feeling as though they have to be punished for failing to meet those requirements. It's sort of comparable to how a christian might feel guilty about doing something wrong and then pray to god for forgiveness. The same self-control mechanisms come into play.

Remember, though, that diaper punishment, or any punishment in the BDSM or kink realm, need not necessarily mean that the sub has done wrong. Instead, punishment can often simply be a term for some unpleasant thing that a master has done to their sub, both for his amusement and the discomfort of the sub. Have you heard someone comment on a punishing workout, or a punishing race course, or a punishing task at work? In such cases, the workout or race course are not punishment for wrong-doing, but rather are simply very challenging.

As for why one might enjoy it, I would assert that it's another facet of losing or surrendering control. ABDL play and BDSM play are two sides of the same coin in many ways, with the only main differences being in the trappings and the attitudes. ABDL play, even in a loving caring mindset, still involves a surrender/loss of control and various restriction on movement, activity, et cetera. BDSM diaper punishment is the same thing, a loss/surrender of control and restriction on behaviour.

For instance, last year at IML, I was in a diaper and leather straitjacket while Mr. X led me about by a leash. I wasn't specifically being punished for wrong-doing, but I was certainly surrendering a lot of control and freedom. I couldn't decide for myself where I was going, or to grab a drink, or to operate a door, or if I needed to visit a restroom. I had given up those options and freedoms, so if Mr. X wanted to go talk to someone he hadn't seen in a few years, I had to follow. If he wanted to go outside for a smoke, I had to follow. If I wanted a drink or to use the restroom, I couldn't because I was in a straitjacket.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Yeah, something like that. Alternatively, some might sort of "dom themselves" by setting up a series of requirements and goals for themselves, and feeling as though they have to be punished for failing to meet those requirements. It's sort of comparable to how a christian might feel guilty about doing something wrong and then pray to god for forgiveness. The same self-control mechanisms come into play.

Remember, though, that diaper punishment, or any punishment in the BDSM or kink realm, need not necessarily mean that the sub has done wrong. Instead, punishment can often simply be a term for some unpleasant thing that a master has done to their sub, both for his amusement and the discomfort of the sub. Have you heard someone comment on a punishing workout, or a punishing race course, or a punishing task at work? In such cases, the workout or race course are not punishment for wrong-doing, but rather are simply very challenging.

As for why one might enjoy it, I would assert that it's another facet of losing or surrendering control. ABDL play and BDSM play are two sides of the same coin in many ways, with the only main differences being in the trappings and the attitudes. ABDL play, even in a loving caring mindset, still involves a surrender/loss of control and various restriction on movement, activity, et cetera. BDSM diaper punishment is the same thing, a loss/surrender of control and restriction on behaviour.

For instance, last year at IML, I was in a diaper and leather straitjacket while Mr. X led me about by a leash. I wasn't specifically being punished for wrong-doing, but I was certainly surrendering a lot of control and freedom. I couldn't decide for myself where I was going, or to grab a drink, or to operate a door, or if I needed to visit a restroom. I had given up those options and freedoms, so if Mr. X wanted to go talk to someone he hadn't seen in a few years, I had to follow. If he wanted to go outside for a smoke, I had to follow. If I wanted a drink or to use the restroom, I couldn't because I was in a straitjacket.

Does that make sense?
    Yes it does make sense, thank so much for sharing <3 question though: what is IML? but you are certainly right in saying the lack of power and control are very parralleled in both forms of play

teamaster

Think about this, you like to wear diapers and you like being punished by wearing diaper and therefore you like doing something wrong and being made to do something pleasurable for doing something bad.You like the idea of being punished by doing something pleasurable.

As someone who is _very_ into self bondage, I'll say a big part of it is the challenge and creativeness involved. It's not trivial to lock ones self up in a way that's safe, replicates the feeling of true helplessness, and lets you out after a period of time in a reliable manner.

In my case, many of my passions (software, woodworking, metal working and digital electronics) play into it in coming up with different release mechanisms and "toys". There is also something very different about giving control up not to another person.. but a piece of software. I probably have more fun coming up with different mechanisms than actually employing them. Dunno why I get such a rush from it.. I just do.

Some see it as a substitute for having a partner.. and for some it might be.. but to me it's a separate art that can be enjoyed in addition to traditional BDSM relationships with a partner.

As for why people get off on punishment/humiliation .. heard all kinds of explanations, none of which really fit me specifically. Had a normal childhood, loving parents, normal schooling, no abuse. Truth is I don't put too much thought into it. I enjoy it and I can practice it in a way that doesn't detract from myself or others, and that's all I care about.

I had often punished myself for wearing diapers by putting on multible layers of diapers, useing duct tape to secure all the layers. As it is impossable to remove the duct tape without runing the diaper I was forceing myself to stay in the diapers until I either started leaking or had to go to work on monday.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

My favorit way to punish myself was to put on a single diaper on friday night and wear it until sunday night. This was only done when I had the house to myslef and I did not need to go anywheres over the weekend.

I too am in the "diaper punishment" camp of thought, and I've come to realize I like that aspect much more than the "act like a baby" aspect. I wish I knew the reason for said interest, but that's also asking why I specifically like diapers in the first place.