Thread: Triple Win of sorts. First public experience and more...

Default Triple Win of sorts. First public experience and more...

May have overexerted myself a bit though.

First off, as the title implies, I was feeling unusually daring today as I went out in public in diapers for the first time. It's surprising how unnoticeable an ABU SDK is under regular jeans and a t-shirt. I looked in the mirror first and couldn't tell at all. Then walked around the house in a somewhat new/starchy pair of jeans. The sound of the legs of my pants rubbing past each other pretty much entirely covered up what little crinkle there was. Even knowing it was there, I had to listen real close to hear it.

Second, as if going out in diapers for the first time wasn't exhilarating enough, I was going out to actually buydiapers for the first time in a store too. I've been buying them online for a year and a half now, but this was the first time I'd gone to buy them at the local store. This was far more nerve wracking than just wearing them out.

I made a short list of other things to get too as to give myself extra time to scout out the incontinence and baby sections. Worked like a charm since the isle I wanted just happened to be right next to the bath needs area. It didn't take long to locate Goodnites L/XL and baby powder/oil for the first time as well.

Checkout was... interesting. I ended up having to stand for what felt like forever behind an older woman in line. There was no real way to inconspicuously conceal the package of Goodnites which made it feel even longer. But here's the kicker. Most of my nervousness dissipated when I saw the girl behind the counter. She was an amputee that was missing half of her right arm! My train of thought switched entirely from worrying about the diapers and other baby items, to trying to avoid starring. This was made all the more worse when, while scanning my stuff, she stuck the diapers between her right arm and torso (the amputated one) while trying to get it into a bag.

So other than that, checkout was pretty easy. The cashier didn't seem to even give the diapers a second thought, and I was on my way.

So finally, I get home and up to my room without a hitch. The first thing on my mind is trying on the Goodnites. Unbelievably, THEY FIT ME! Just barely though. I have about a 32-34 inch waist, so it's pretty snug, but not uncomfortable.

I call it a successful outing with one exception. And I'd like to caution others of this. Don't do more than your mind and body can handle. My right foot was physically aching by the time I left the store, and I'm about 99% certain that it was due to the heart-pounding exhilaration and stress of the combination of things listed above. The pain disappeared when I finally calmed down.

Nice I can't wait until I'm 18 and I move out to university, I'll finally be able to do stuff like this