Thread: What does this mean? Stipend something ... I need to do this within 24 hours and need help... Internship

Default What does this mean? Stipend something ... I need to do this within 24 hours and need help... Internship

Essentially I"m doign some forms for housing and what not so I need to know if I can click these things. It says

*Stipend/Paycheck Deduction Authorization
    *Stipend/Paycheck Deduction Move Out Authorization

Both of them are checkboxes so I can click both..... any idea what they could mean?

From what I understand from a brief Google:

Stipend/Paycheck is money you are paid to do a job - so your wages basically. The first check box is likely to mean you authorise your rent to come out of your wages, rather than paying it directly yourself. I assume the second is authorising them to take money from your wages if you move out before your contract is over?

That said, I'm not from the US, and I think this might be a US only thing - based on Google results. So hopefully another member will have better advice!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    From what I understand from a brief Google:

Stipend/Paycheck is money you are paid to do a job - so your wages basically. The first check box is likely to mean you authorise your rent to come out of your wages, rather than paying it directly yourself. I assume the second is authorising them to take money from your wages if you move out before your contract is over?

That said, I'm not from the US, and I think this might be a US only thing - based on Google results. So hopefully another member will have better advice!
    Yeah I called and figured some things out. Now this topic can be closed. Thanks dude.