Thread: nostalgic tv shows

Default nostalgic tv shows

im currently getting my netflix fix watching MacGyver episodes, starting with season one and planning to watch it all the way through. this of course got me thinking of all the other shows i enjoyed watching in the 80's and 90's(i was born in 82) my other favorites that i remember were rescue 911 w william shatner and knight rider with david hasselhoff before his baywatch days.

we encompass all age ranges here so i fully expect some shows i wont recognize and some i will. so have at it

please list the show(s) and the main actor(s)/actress(es)

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

oh i should have added: A-team!

Hey, you might want to bump open this thread rather than starting a new one - there's a lot of interesting TV shows already highlighted there!

*hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Hey, you might want to bump open this thread rather than starting a new one - there's a lot of interesting TV shows already highlighted there!

*hugs*
    thank you for pointing that out. after looking over the thread it appears what is mostly listed is kids shows(no problem with that yay for reading rainbow and sesame street) im more looking for adult shows...like what i listed...

*note to staff* if you feel this is a duplicate thread deserving of deletion then please do so

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    thank you for pointing that out. after looking over the thread it appears what is mostly listed is kids shows(no problem with that yay for reading rainbow and sesame street) im more looking for adult shows...like what i listed...
    Ah ok, I didn't realise that from the OP sorry! So are you looking for adult tv shows we watched when we were younger? Or adult tv shows we watch now? Because I'm only 21, so my "nostalgic" shows are more likely to be populated by kids shows I'm afraid!

That said, the adult shows I watched when I was a kid, and still do sometimes are :

Star Trek & Star Trek : Next Generation. Watched a bit of Deep Space 9 too. Never got into Enterprise though.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Friends
    Batman
    Knight Rider
    Stargate
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders
    Crystal Maze

And more if I later remember them!

i thought about that after i posted and i think its fair to ask for both...i watched a mixture of adult and kids shows growing up and lately i have been having cravings for shows i watched in the 80's and 90's.

quantum leap was an awesome show....!

so to clarify: adult shows you watched as a kid and adult shows u watch now from the years of your childhood...
    Last edited by waslost1234abc; 19-May-2011 at 22:45. Reason: clarification

Ah hah, I'm with you now!

The list I posted was primarily adult shows I watched as a kid. As for shows I watch now that were around when I was a kid (some are still going now, I just had to catch up on a lot of series to be up to date):

Red Dwarf
    Blackadder
    Scrubs
    Family Guy
    South Park
    Spooks
    Spaced
    Peep Show
    The Office