Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portal 2 is SO INSENSEITIVE!

Default Portal 2 is SO INSENSEITIVE!

Portal 2, a "Everyone 10+" rated game is apparently insensitive to adopted people.

Father upset about video game taunting adopted children - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

What I find odd, is that before that part of the game you have been nearly killed well over 20 times. Plus, you hear a guy threating to burn someones house down with Lemons!!! Come on, this game is worse then any grand theft auto out there.

I just checked my copy of Portal 2 after reading that his daughter is 10 - and lo and behold, Portal 2 is 12+... So I was ready to make a seething comment about the poor article... except, within two comments on the story, the comment had already been made!

Just another reason why parents can't complain about games if they ignore the ratings system!

Apparently he hasn't gotten to the part with the potato and the bird, that part made me smile knowing that all those mean things glaDos said to me were meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I just checked my copy of Portal 2 after reading that his daughter is 10 - and lo and behold, Portal 2 is 12+... So I was ready to make a seething comment about the poor article... except, within two comments on the story, the comment had already been made!

Just another reason why parents can't complain about games if they ignore the ratings system!
    Portal 2 is actually rated E10+ (so 10 and over) in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Portal 2 is actually rated E10+ (so 10 and over) in North America.
    Oh wow! Any one know what the rating advice is? Back of my UK box says 12 - violence & bad language...

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Oh wow! Any one know what the rating advice is? Back of my UK box says 12 - violence & bad language...
    The rating description on the back of the box says "Everyone 10+: Fantasy violence, mild language".

Hmmm, how strange that it would vary that much between countries! Obviously our European minds are more fragile!

I think the real problem here is the accuser, the guy needs to grow some freaking skin. If he is so hurt by a comment that is spoken of and dropped within the time frame of 6 seconds, then it is he who has a problem with sensitivity.

For once in my life, I'm actually quite happy with the comments on the web page - hopefully the site won't follow up such sensationalist news again - they have picked up on a fragment of the game and tried to run with it!

Yes GlaDOS is a malicious character. That is kind of the point... Villains are usually evil. Her insulting orphans is supposed to make the player have a negative opinion of her. It's succeeded. How is that worse than villains kidnapping people in cartoons, which I imagine doesn't bother him?

It really surprises me how people don't realise the parallels with other media when they're complaining about something game related.